Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Maiden will change the whole setlist (or a big part of it) for the LOTB part 3 next year?

- I think they will change up to 3 songs (max. 5)...*for ME tour 2014 they changed only 3 (the other tour that lasted 3 years).

They can change all of the songs (without some of the live staples like Trooper, TNOTB, Iron Maiden) and saves the 3 themes of the set: war/religion/hell (only Iron Maiden and TNOTB are in the hell theme) and add new songs to fit the themes. Also, the encores have no themes and that gives more space for playing whatever they want.... I think FOTD also is not related to any of the themes.

They also can change the 3 themes (for example: space and time/history/sea world etc), but that also means they should change the whole setlist.

Do you think Maiden will change the whole setlist (or a big part of it) for the LOTB part 3 next year?

- I think they will change up to 3 songs (max. 5)...*for ME tour 2014 they changed only 3 (the other tour that lasted 3 years).

They can change all of the songs (without some of the live staples like Trooper, TNOTB, Iron Maiden) and saves the 3 themes of the set: war/religion/hell (only Iron Maiden and TNOTB are in the hell theme) and add new songs to fit the themes. Also, the encores have no themes and that gives more space for playing whatever they want.... I think FOTD also is not related to any of the themes.

They also can change the 3 themes (for example: space and time/history/sea world etc), but that also means they should change the whole setlist.

I cannot see them changing more than 3 songs (if they change any at all) and they would probably keep the same themes.

I cannot see them changing more than 3 songs (if they change any at all) and they would probably keep the same themes.

I think 3 or at most 5. They changed only 3 songs for the ME tour 2014 (the other tour that lasted 3 years), but then, they played only songs from the 80's - now they can play whatever they want. I also think they will keep the same themes.
I'm sure there is a Wrathchild character but I can't remember if it was an Eddie or not.

Only Wrathchild character... (still no Wrathchild Eddie).
Bruce & Rod would keep the same set list and Adrian would be happy with that :lol:

What about Steve's opinion?

Here is an idea by me if they change the whole setlist for LOTB 2020: / *I keep 4 classics though (*in bold), and the themes are the same.

1.Tailgunner (they could keep the plane and they will pay tribute to the 90's era of the band, which is awesome, but overlooked by the band)
2.Death Or Glory (song from their latest album)
3.Paschendale
4.The Trooper
5.Alexander The Great (yeah right)
------------------------------------------WAR
6.Flight Of Icarus
7.Infinite Dreams
8.No Prayer For The Dying
9.Isle Of Avalon (obscure epic from the reunion era, in FTGGOG's place)
10.Moonchild
---------------------------------------------RELIGION
11.Phantom Of The Opera (no theme, in FOTD's place)
12.The Number Of The Beast
13.Iron Maiden
-----------------------------------HELL (only TNOTB and IM)
Encore:
14.The Clairvoyant (was in the hints in the stained glass windows from the tour poster)
15.Heaven Can Wait (^look above)
16.Prowler (next year is 40th anniversary of the debut album)

Oh, we're back to writing setlists, I see.
Here is an idea by me if they change the whole setlist for LOTB 2020: / *I keep 4 classics though (*in bold), and the themes are the same.

1.Tailgunner (they could keep the plane and they will pay tribute to the 90's era of the band, which is awesome, but overlooked by the band)
2.Death Or Glory (song from their latest album)
3.Paschendale
4.The Trooper
5.Alexander The Great (yeah right)
------------------------------------------WAR
6.Flight Of Icarus
7.Infinite Dreams
8.No Prayer For The Dying
9.Isle Of Avalon (obscure epic from the reunion era, in FTGGOG's place)
10.Moonchild
---------------------------------------------RELIGION
11.Phantom Of The Opera (no theme, in FOTD's place)
12.The Number Of The Beast
13.Iron Maiden
-----------------------------------HELL (only TNOTB and IM)
Encore:
14.The Clairvoyant (was in the hints in the stained glass windows from the tour poster)
15.Heaven Can Wait (^look above)
16.Prowler (next year is 40th anniversary of the debut album)

1.Aces High
2.Where Eagles Dare
3.The Trooper
4.Alexander the Great
5.Genghis Khan

6.Flight of Icarus
7.Infinite Dreams
8.Still Life
9.To Tame a Land
10.Moonchild

11.Phantom of the Opera
12.The Loneliness of the long Distance Runner
13.The Number of the Beast
14.Iron Maiden
Encore:
15.The Clairvoyant
16.Stranger in a Strange Land
17.Running Free

First post here. Hi Everyone.

So on few Hellfest groups I've read rumours that the festival is about to announce it's line up at 28 October. It's coincidentally the same date that Maiden was about to announce it's Euro 2020 Tour. It would be weird as Bruce said that they want to visit places where they didn't play in 2018 and Hellfest got the show last year.. Anyway, thus far few festivals are quite safe bets according to rumours and these are : Nova Rock in Austria, Sweden Rock in Sweden, Copenhell in Denmark and Rock Fest in Barcelona. I am quite curious if there was a change for that Asia will get confirmation later at 7 November and Europe will come first at the end of October.

As for setlist changes I doubt there will be any. Especially that they are about to visit places they didn't play in 2018 so they have good justification :)

First post here. Hi Everyone.

So on few Hellfest groups I've read rumours that the festival is about to announce it's line up at 28 October. It's coincidentally the same date that Maiden was about to announce it's Euro 2020 Tour. It would be weird as Bruce said that they want to visit places where they didn't play in 2018 and Hellfest got the show last year.. Anyway, thus far few festivals are quite safe bets according to rumours and these are : Nova Rock in Austria, Sweden Rock in Sweden, Copenhell in Denmark and Rock Fest in Barcelona. I am quite curious if there was a change for that Asia will get confirmation later at 7 November and Europe will come first at the end of October.

As for setlist changes I doubt there will be any. Especially that they are about to visit places they didn't play in 2018 so they have good justification :)

Welcome to the forum.

The rumour for Barcelona is a gig at the Olympic stadium, not Rock Fest. :)

Welcome to the forum.

The rumour for Barcelona is a gig at the Olympic stadium, not Rock Fest. :)

Alright, a friend of mine from Spain told me that they were at Rock Fest Barcelona in 2016 so they might come back there again in 2020, especially that most of shows are going to be at festivals. But if Maiden is aiming for the stadium, good for them :) I wonder whether this 28 October remains for Euro Tour announcement or was everything postponed for 7 November :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back