Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Maiden ruled out countries with a dubious record on peace and genocide they wouldn't have many places they'd be able to play. Probably nowhere.
Which reminds me, they haven't played San Marino and Andorra yet, have they?

btw, not many countries manage zero birth rate and - occasionally indeed - positive growth rate at the same time.
Speak of miracles.
Fishy, I'd say, but their first supreme leader was a fisherman after all.
No offence meant.

Maiden played in Turkey during the Gezi Protests (2013), and guess what: the vast-majority of the fans were critical of the government. So, stop assuming that people are just their passports. The world is much more complicated than these elementary school assumptions.

What makes me happy about Bruce's speeches before clansman is that he does not impose on people a certain/politically loaded understanding of freedom. He lets the fans make their own meanings.

Dubai is happening according to someone on the fanclub forum who may or may not have trustworthy sources. Also Lebanon and like mentioned earlier Israel, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.

Probably read too much into it which is fine BUT Bruce did say in LA see you again "but cant say more than that" something he didnt say anywhere else there is a slight possibility California may get something on the way down to those territories. Time will tell I guess.

Re. Turkey, when Maiden played Croatia in 2008 we were in huge crisis. The ticket was 35 euro. Maiden received a huge praise for aligning the ticket price with the purchasing power of the common man. Especially because some local acts that play in front of a few hundred people in small clubs started charging >15euro for their "show". Anyways I'm sure they can make a great show in Turkey and have it financially viable, Google says current minimal wage is 422epm therefore it should be doable.

Perhaps living in Paris as a British immigrant - I mean ex-pat - post-Brexit he would not see any virtues in Brexit at all...

Not forgetting all the customs issues they'll have to do deal with bringing the gear over the Irish Sea border when they go to Belfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back