Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Forostar first of all I must say that I hold you in good regard because you're also one of those fans that always used to give good opinions and share great things here.

Now, I don't know if you used to be in the IMFC Forum but if not let me tell you a little story... Many years ago there was a fan, who used to share info about early days play lists and bootlegs and most of the other fans used to call him a liar and other things... Time passed and, as is now almost common knowledge between the fans, all he used to say was true...

There's also a member of the IMFC who lives in Europe that has great contacts with promoters and stuff, and in 2000 announced some gigs before Maiden officially did. When she shared the info, once again, everyone call her a liar and rumor spreader (as you did), 2 days passed and the gigs she said would happen were announced and then everybody just had to ear their words... Lesson to be learnt, when you can't disprove the info someone gives you, at least, choose whether you believe it or not, no need to call names, label comments and stuff like that... At l east not in a disrespectful way.

Anyway, I don't win anything by "spreading rumours" as you say and I only choose to share the info because I thought it was relevant... If you don't want to believe it, is ok by me and if its not your pleasure to "read silliness" well don't read it ;) not everybody shares your taste

When he cannot tour anymore, permanently, by the time that stadium is reached, the rest of the band is not willing enough anymore as well. Why would they be motivated to suddenly play better or different? Why motivated to continue without this humorous character? New blood will give a kick under the butt. Maiden members do not want to have their butts kicked into a new direction (if any direction), not anymore. I guess they rather stick with this formula and with this group, for a few years.

Because they still want to play music. Steve has said that he still enjoys playing live (and he seems to not have enough with Maiden) and Bruce has said that he doesn't see a reason to retire. As for the others I don't remember reading or seeing any comments but I particularly don't see Janick or Adrian retiring from music...

On the other hand, I don't see why getting someone new to play on tour with them will mean to go in a new direction. I think that we all know by now that the direction Maiden takes is determined by Steve and Bruce, not anyone else, and I'm pretty sure that if someone new enters the band it will know this.

To summarise Luisma's post:

tenor.gif

If they could somehow recruit Todd Sucherman from Styx, I’d be down with it. And if slightly-chubby Dave can’t go anymore, poach Richie Faulkner from Priest. :)

Maiden Japan next year? Someone on the fanclub have been told Maiden will maybe play a concert in Japan next May, and strangely enough a big metal festival are announcing a headliner on the 16th of October. The day after Maiden finish this years tour.

Maiden Japan next year? Someone on the fanclub have been told Maiden will maybe play a concert in Japan next May, and strangely enough a big metal festival are announcing a headliner on the 16th of October. The day after Maiden finish this years tour.

The festival in question is Pulp Summer Slam in the Philippines, taking place on 16th May. That would fit in quite nicely with the rumoured dates in Japan in May.

One great thing about those early LOTB III announcements is that the standard "MAIDEN AND PRIEST CO-HEADLINE TOUR" rumours will not surface at all. :D

As for the touring drummer discussion, I'd still go to see them and personally, I don't see it being that much of a "cabaret move" anyway. Given that all the other members can still keep touring at least a couple of years even if Nicko can't and the fact that there's still a huge demand for Maiden songs to be played live, it's not that terrible thing to do for a couple of tours.

Obviously, Nicko is huge and very essential part of the Maiden sound, but if he and other members are perfectly ok and comfortable with the speculated plan, it sounds good enough to me. Assuming that Nicko can do next year's run without any problems and the new album gets released soon enough, we'll see how the next tour will roll out.

*IF* (big if) Maiden decides to go that route it will be interesting to see who they'll tap to be their touring drummer. Somebody anonymous behind the kit who won't attract too much attention or a known name....

Finding someone who wants to make the role his own can be a challenge for both the band and the fans (to accept it) I think....

Aquiles Priester would be a great addition especially being a massive Maiden/Nicko fan, superb drummer and extremely humble

In this photo, you can see Joe Lazarus (drummer) and Steve. I think he is on tour with the band and is ready to fill in, if Nicko suddenly feels not well. Of course, just a speculation of mine.

This is the most likely option yes. He's already part of the Maiden family so to speak. A very Maiden-like move if he's the one they pick, safe and trustworthy :bigsmile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back