Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was on RiR 2001.

Back then they were 19 years younger and trying to rebuild their reputation. :D

Right now if they tell a promoter that they are going to go on stage at 21:00, they will go on stage at 21:00 much to the promoters' disappointment ;) That is what happened - for example at the Vía de la Plata Festival in Mérida, Spain, in 2008. The place is renowned for having VERY hot summers (temperatures hit 40C quite often) and the promoters wanted Maiden to go on stage at 2:00 in the morning. The band declined and told they would be playing at their chosen - and usual - time. And they did.

Back then they were 19 years younger and trying to rebuild their reputation. :D

Right now if they tell a promoter that they are going to go on stage at 21:00, they will go on stage at 21:00 much to the promoters' disappointment ;) That is what happened - for example at the Vía de la Plata Festival in Mérida, Spain, in 2008. The place is renowned for having VERY hot summers (temperatures hit 40C quite often) and the promoters wanted Maiden to go on stage at 2:00 in the morning. The band declined and told they would be playing at their chosen - and usual - time. And they did.

It is not only temperatures they are not willing to endure, it is also the time thing so they don't f***k up to much their body time

It is not only temperatures they are not willing to endure, it is also the time thing so they don't f***k up to much their body time

Well, in Mérida they went on stage at a time when it was really hot but it was also not too late (i.e. 21:00), so the time thing is much more important than the temperature. At the end of the day they want to give their best to the audience, which is what matters.

But he must be a english drummer…
Maybe Jason Bonham? we had a pic of both a few days before the tour started in Forida

Any replacement will be whoever Steve wants, so someone from a "session" background like Nicko was i.e. willing to do what their told for the gig, would be a more likely option than a star.

Saying that hopefully it will never happen.

Last edited:
The festival in question is Pulp Summer Slam in the Philippines, taking place on 16th May. That would fit in quite nicely with the rumoured dates in Japan in May.
For some reason I thought it was in Japan. Anyway it will be interesting to see where they will play.

Also if anyone speaks German, looks like there's some rumors for Koln and some festival(s) here
Thanks. There's a reference to the French guy who often leaks reliable rumours about festivals on that page. I'd been racking my brain trying to think of his name, but that page finally reminded me - Zegut!

Ah, alright. So just a recirculation of the Paris rumor and no new rumors on that page. Thanks for clarifying, my German as as good as my Chinese.

Ah, alright. So just a recirculation of the Paris rumor and no new rumors on that page. Thanks for clarifying, my German as as good as my Chinese.
I just used Google Chrome's translate feature!

Cologne was definitely mentioned with a link to a German newspaper and the Paris show is rumoured to be at the U Arena (now known as Paris La Défense Arena).

Aquiles Priester would be a great addition especially being a massive Maiden/Nicko fan, superb drummer and extremely humble

I watched some videos now of him playing and oh boy, he is a machine. Great great drummer. The fact that Nicko is his main influence is awesome - he probably knows to play every Maiden song. :)

Ah shit, I'll probably make the trip to paris anyway as I've a mate living there now but would have been nice to get to see a good few other bands too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back