NOW WATCHING

House of the Dragon... I'm not completely captivated but I'm keen enough to see where it's going.

Yeah, I'm done. Took almost a week for me to catch up with episode five, which was hyped as "The Red Wedding II" but turned out to be boring as fuck. People dancing for half an hour then some people I don't care about or even remember the names of got beaten up. :yawn:

Champions League football:
Frankfurt vs Tottenham
As a Tottenham fan, they continue to frustrate me. Lucky to be where they are in the EPL.

Yeah, I'm done. Took almost a week for me to catch up with episode five, which was hyped as "The Red Wedding II" but turned out to be boring as fuck. People dancing for half an hour then some people I don't care about or even remember the names of got beaten up. :yawn:
I like it still, but they have this habit of introducing characters and killing them off right away. It is, at best, annoying.

I'm loving House of the Dragon. I don't mind the fast pace. Just don't fuck it up at the end like GoT.

Tarzan: The Epic Adventures (free on Tubi TV)
Andor
She-Hulk
House Of The Dragon (I keep wanting to type the REH Story, The Hour Of The Dragon)
Lord Of The Rings: Rings Of Power

I'm enjoying them all, but Andor is a bit slow. Sandman was really good Azas. Can't believe it hasn't been renewed for Season 2 yet. I swear, I'm gonna be so bummed if it doesn't get renewed. Hopefully there's some clause where HBO Max can pick it up immediately if it gets canceled.

Each year when Disney+ offers a $2-for-one-month promotion, I sign up for exactly one month and watch everything I had interest in from the past year. So far this month that’s included:
  • Eternals (meh)
  • Hawkeye (good enough)
  • Ms. Marvel (interesting ideas, uneven execution, but pretty good)
  • She-Hulk (uneven, but I like what it’s trying to do)
  • Moon Knight (goofy at times, but good)
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi (underwhelming, but has its moments, as well as a few Jedi: Fallen Order easter eggs)
  • The Book Of Boba Fett (also underwhelming, but the Mandalorian crossover stuff was fun)
  • The Orville season 3 (dropped most of the humor, but the drama is high-quality Star Trek: TNG fare)
Now I have to decide if I’m going to try to binge the Daredevil family of shows over the next week and a half before my month is up. That and Werewolf By Night are probably the only things left for me to watch, since Andor is just getting started and I don’t want to start what I can’t finish…

Each year when Disney+ offers a $2-for-one-month promotion, I sign up for exactly one month and watch everything I had interest in from the past year. So far this month that’s included:
  • Eternals (meh)
  • Hawkeye (good enough)
  • Ms. Marvel (interesting ideas, uneven execution, but pretty good)
  • She-Hulk (uneven, but I like what it’s trying to do)
  • Moon Knight (goofy at times, but good)
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi (underwhelming, but has its moments, as well as a few Jedi: Fallen Order easter eggs)
  • The Book Of Boba Fett (also underwhelming, but the Mandalorian crossover stuff was fun)
  • The Orville season 3 (dropped most of the humor, but the drama is high-quality Star Trek: TNG fare)

What about the Beatles documentary?

The Meg
Have read the series of books by Steve Alten which I enjoyed, but this is my first time
watching a movie based upon the book, The Meg, that started it all.

Watched Rings of Power episode 7 "The Eye".

Enjoying this immensely. The big plot is moving slowly (good) and there are a lot of questions, but it's the little things like the dialogue feeling like it could have come directly from Tolkien - poetic, almost - as well as tremendous acting from the cast which is overall spectacular which makes it so enjoyable. The actors who play Durin and his father, Elrond and Elendil had some fantastic moments this episode.

The finale next Friday is going to be interesting, to say the least. We've had loads of emotional moments to connect with the characters, but not many big plot movements. I hope they end the first season on a more balanced note, not so much for myself but for the series itself going forward.

Watched House of the Dragon episode 7.

Jarring time jumps, recasts and rushed plot. This series is like Game of Thrones, just way worse. Unlike GoT which had a bigger threat looming, this is just fantasy political drama/soap opera all the way through without anyone to root for. Come get your fix of violence and badassery, but for me this is a lackluster series.

MV5BM2IwNWY2YWEtNTU4Ni00MmE2LTljZjItNWQ0NzBlNjJiMzBiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Currently on the fourth episode. It's slow, but doesn't over-dramatise anything and the scenes of his crimes are genuinely unsettling.

Back