NOW WATCHING

Watched Rings of Power S1E1.

I have neither hated the idea of Amazon doing this series or had particularly high hopes - mostly it's been a bit of curiousity towards what they would do with it.

I liked the first episode a lot. For all the talk about this feeling like some generic fantasy series, the Tolkien feeling was immediately apparent. I was impressed by the atmosphere, the music and the dialogue in particular. All the characters introduced felt interesting and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Not liking Game of Thrones, I'm very happy there's an alternative. I'm in the camp who thinks Tolkien did most things better than GRRM.

Watched Rings of Power S1E1.

I have neither hated the idea of Amazon doing this series or had particularly high hopes - mostly it's been a bit of curiousity towards what they would do with it.

I liked the first episode a lot. For all the talk about this feeling like some generic fantasy series, the Tolkien feeling was immediately apparent. I was impressed by the atmosphere, the music and the dialogue in particular. All the characters introduced felt interesting and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Not liking Game of Thrones, I'm very happy there's an alternative. I'm in the camp who thinks Tolkien did most things better than GRRM.
I'm also curious to start this, but I think I'll wait until this season of House of the Dragon ends (which I'm enjoying much more than expected). I have also yet to finish The Sandman and I don't think I have the capacity for 3 fantasy shows at once.

NY Giants vs The Tennessee Titans
I'm a Giants fan but I'm expecting a bad to mediocre season. Again:(
They've been that way since the last time they made the playoffs in 2012. Ugh.

Last edited:
Watched Rings of Power episode 2 & 3.

Still very happy with the series. Very much looking forward to the rest of it, and find the whole social media circus around it hilarious at this point.

Sporting CP vs Tottenham
COYS!
Ugh. Spuds lost but could've won. They made too many mistakes.

Last edited:
hot_shots_part_deux_ver3-jpg.22330
Funny, in the USA this was called Hot Shots Part Deux.

College football.
UConn vs #4 Michigan.
Michigan is crushing UConn 52-0:(:rolleyes: I rarely watch college football
but I live in CT and thought I'd check this game out after watching Tottenham beat Leicester 6-2
in the EPL. When I turned it on it was 38-0 in the 3rd quarter. I never expected UConn to win this
but to be down by that much already surprised me.

Back