NOW WATCHING

Mortal Kombat (2021) - starts off great, has some awesome visual FX, good fights, cool new power from the new character...and quickly devolves into being just as bad as the others. It’s much more fun and looks better, but the script and acting are no better than the 1995 original (and sometimes worse).

A series on youtube I really recommend is The Psycho Series from a user name McJuggernuggets. It's a very long watch since there are 655 videos total ranging from 3 minutes to at least an hour each and there are some where nothing much happens, but it's still worth watching every minute so you can really get to know everyone and you never know what's going to happen. You may have seen a video from it where a kid's dad destroys his video games with a riding lawn mower, but as you can see from how long it is, there is much more than that.

The Complete Psycho Series

A series on youtube I really recommend is The Psycho Series from a user name McJuggernuggets. It's a very long watch since there are 655 videos total ranging from 3 minutes to at least an hour each and there are some where nothing much happens, but it's still worth watching every minute so you can really get to know everyone and you never know what's going to happen. You may have seen a video from it where a kid's dad destroys his video games with a riding lawn mower, but as you can see from how long it is, there is much more than that.

The Complete Psycho Series
I might give it ago considering I already spend an ungodly amount of time on youtube. Aside from my favorite youtubers I've been binging documentaries. Mainly by PBS' Frontline, but also some user made docs. Last one was on The Problem with U.S borders, the guy talks about the different, more resource efficient ways the U.S could (but won't) redraw it's own state borders. Now, I'm off to watch PBS' Frontline Plastic Wars!

I've been watching Antiques Roadshow on Youtube. Because one entered my feed and sure.

The thing I found very problematic was that as I watched several Antiques Roadshow videos, the algorithm started recommending me Ben Shapiro videos, as well as a few other YouTube diet fascists. So is there a Antiques Roadshow-to-Nazi pipeline? Apparently.

I've been watching Antiques Roadshow on Youtube. Because one entered my feed and sure.

The thing I found very problematic was that as I watched several Antiques Roadshow videos, the algorithm started recommending me Ben Shapiro videos, as well as a few other YouTube diet fascists. So is there a Antiques Roadshow-to-Nazi pipeline? Apparently.
The algorithm probably thinks you're a 60-something "white" guy in Wisconsin trying to get their country back. To better answer your question there's that doc on Netflix, The Social Dilema. In it, the industry insiders that created Pandora's box and then opened it, talk about how that is how it is designed. Social Media, Google and Youtube included, are designed to divide. No matter what you look at it will eventually throw far right or far left shit your way and MOST people click on it. They recomend to do what I think most of us on this forum already do.... ignore the algorithm and just actively search for the stuff you want and/or simply not go for the clickbait.

YouTube is fucking stupid at their ads. I can watch the most hardcore leftist videos and still get Ben Shapiro and Matt Walsh telling me that “the jury got it wrong” and “pop culture predators” are coming for our children. Dicks.

Watched "Nobody" with Bob Odenkirk of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul fame. I remember him from when I was a kid when he had a show with David Cross on HBO called Mr. Show. I don't remember much of the show, I just remember them being in it. Then I saw David Cross in Arrested Development and Odenkirk in Breaking Bad. At first I thought it would be like the last Rambo movie or the Expendibles or Fat Man, John Wick, etc. You know, old, retired guy kicks some ass for some apparently superflous reason. And it is. Sort of. A friend said it best, Liam Neeson meets Kevin McCallister, lol. Fun ride.

Also watched Mortal Kombat. It was EXACTLY what I thought it would be and I had a decent time. I can see how people say in some respects it's better than the old one and in other cases worse. My main complaint was the lack of variety in fighters. But, if it all goes well we'll get the obvious sequels they were setting up with this one. I almost fell from the couch from laughing so hard when Raiden says, "I'll ASSEMBLE earths greatest champions," or some crap like that. Ooook Marvel wannabe.

Having just re-watched Jurassic Park for the first time in 20 years, three things stick out.

1. It's still a very good film.
2. HD is not kind to the CGI.
3. It is mildly disturbing that Jeff Goldblum's exposed chest gets more screen time than most dinosaur species.

Watched all 3 Bad Boys movies in the past few weeks; never saw any of them before. Thought first one was fine and dumb, second one was bad and dumb af (apart from the Reggie scene), third one was the best one in every way, but also still kinda dumb.

Having just re-watched Jurassic Park for the first time in 20 years, three things stick out.

3. It is mildly disturbing that Jeff Goldblum's exposed chest gets more screen time than most dinosaur species.
And yet, even in HD, it still looks better than half of what comes out today.

I still haven’t seen it.

Back