NOW WATCHING

The Handmaid's Tale Season 3 Episode 11:

vIKMoye.gif

@Ariana, thoughts!
If you've watched, of course.
Only managed to catch up to episode 11 now. I loved that episode.
Was Serena behind Fred's arrest? I hope so.
I'm going to watch episode 12 now and report back.

Memories of Murder (2003). This is my least favourite of the three I've seen from Bong Joon-ho now. Maybe the lead characters didn't sympathize that much with me, maybe it was something else. Nevertheless, interesting subject matter, well-composed shots, wonderful subtle humour and all that good stuff. Pretty sinister, this one, watch it if you're not easily grossed out.

659d0bfb9f19e2b7c576c297484422f0.jpg

I saw the local premiere of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It was entertaining and most of it went by without ever having a clear goal. As @Mosh said, it was slow but didn’t feel like its length. The last part was undeniably Tarantino. I really liked Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate. Her portrayal made Tate look like a very lovely person, which was probably the idea. Her and Pitt and DiCaprio were just really good to watch on screen. I recommend watching this movie if you’re willing to spend 2h40 in 1969, no idea why you’re there, and just enjoy the ride.

Just finished watching The Handmaid's Tale finale. My goodness, this was so emotional!
The build-up to the escape was great, very powerful. The scene with the kids and Rita arriving in Canada - even more so. The last few episodes of the season really made up for the earlier ones, which were a bit bland, but it certainly ended on a high. I can't wait for the next one! I wonder how all the handmaids and marthas will get out of punishment for taking the kids out.

Oh yes, and Fred is a complete jerk, even though I can't say I would bat an eyelash in sympathy for Serena.

Been watching A LOT of movies, most of them not worth writing about. In fact, the only reason I'm mentioning these next two is due to something I noticed. It: Chapter 2 and Anabelle comes home. They were both written by Gary Dauberman. Then I remembered he wrote the second Anabelle movie AND The Nun. did some checking, he also wrote It: Chapter 1. This dude has been writing A LOT of horror lately. However, a look at his work shows that aside from his work in the Conjuring-verse, the It movies are his only noteworthy work. the rest are unknown, b movie schlock or TV series. I don't mind his work, but I find it too... horror by numbers. James Wan should team up with his Saw buddies more than with this guy.

Back