NOW WATCHING

Saapanael

A Citizen of the Republic of Geniuses
Memories of Murder (2003). This is my least favourite of the three I've seen from Bong Joon-ho now. Maybe the lead characters didn't sympathize that much with me, maybe it was something else. Nevertheless, interesting subject matter, well-composed shots, wonderful subtle humour and all that good stuff. Pretty sinister, this one, watch it if you're not easily grossed out.

Saapanael

A Citizen of the Republic of Geniuses
I saw the local premiere of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It was entertaining and most of it went by without ever having a clear goal. As @Mosh said, it was slow but didn’t feel like its length. The last part was undeniably Tarantino. I really liked Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate. Her portrayal made Tate look like a very lovely person, which was probably the idea. Her and Pitt and DiCaprio were just really good to watch on screen. I recommend watching this movie if you’re willing to spend 2h40 in 1969, no idea why you’re there, and just enjoy the ride.

Ariana

Black-and-white leopard
Just finished watching The Handmaid's Tale finale. My goodness, this was so emotional!
The build-up to the escape was great, very powerful. The scene with the kids and Rita arriving in Canada - even more so. The last few episodes of the season really made up for the earlier ones, which were a bit bland, but it certainly ended on a high. I can't wait for the next one! I wonder how all the handmaids and marthas will get out of punishment for taking the kids out.

Oh yes, and Fred is a complete jerk, even though I can't say I would bat an eyelash in sympathy for Serena.