NOW WATCHING

Watched Alita: Battle Angel (2019) at the pictures.

A spectacular sci fi. Good story, brilliant visuals and animation, and I want more... Hope it gets a sequel.

A manga, as far as I know. Hollywood needs more adaptation of Japanese stuff. The Edge of Tomorrow (based on the light novel All You Need Is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka - highly recommended read!) and Alita: Battle Angel are brilliant examples of why.

Finally finished series two of The Twilight Zone. Think it's gonna be a while before I get around to watching three, can be pretty slow and a bit hit and miss. Vast majority of it still holds up though, I get why it's so iconic. One of the episodes I watched the other night involved a highly talkative man accepting a bet of $500,000 that he couldn't remain silent for a year. I fell asleep and missed the great twist though (I watched again later), but it got me thinking. I think I could do that pretty easily, I'm basically mute in real life anyway.

Is The Princess Bride worth watching?
The Princess Bride is one of the best films of all time, and I know that since that statement comes from me it’s bound to be taken as hyperbole, but seriously, the film is that good.

Watched a 2 movies on 2 flights last weekend

Monuments Men ... thought it was overall a decent movie, a bit choppy though and thought they had one too many stories running through it.
Der Vorname .. pretty funny movie about a dinner party where a relative announces they will name their son Adolf, then a whole lot of other family "reveals" .. pretty entertaining I thought.

Is The Princess Bride worth watching?
Sure, at least once.

People usually fall into two camps when it comes to this movie. They either LOVE IT, or they meh. I'm in the meh category. I see the appeal, it makes me chuckle, but the fandom around it, like with Rocky Horror Picture Show, is beyond me.

I'm also in the small meh camp about Princess Bride. Likewise with Rocky Horror. It was vaguely outrageous when I was a teenager, but now it's just hideously dated.

I was made to watch Princess Bride sometime around Christmas a few years ago. I don't think I'll watch it again. Mildly amusing in places, but nothing special. Couldn't believe it when I found out how massively popular it is.

Now I'm a week behind with TWD and don't know that I can be bothered to catch up. Last week's was decent, which probably means this week's will be back to boring.

Back