NOW WATCHING

I was going to mention the Exorcism of Emily Rose, for whatever reason it did stick in people's minds. I was completely invested until the priest tells his testimony and has the barn flashback... I felt it was a tad too cheesy and completely deflated all the mood and tension it had worked so hard to build.

Exorcist 3 is great because it was based on William Peter Blatty's sequel to the original (Legion). I have to say the book isn't scary, but highly suspenseful. The movie does have several crap your pants moments though.

I enjoyed both Paranormal Activity movies for several reasons, but mainly the faithfulness to "real" spiritual invasions (I put it in quotes because there are plenty of people out there who think that sort of thing is crap).

Yesterday I saw a movie called The Infidel, which is about a muslim man named Mahmud. When his mother passes away, he finds out that he was adopted, and that he in fact was born to Jews.

Very hilarious yet serious movie, I liked it a lot.Being a muslim myself, I could identify myself in some scenes of the movie

Drive Angry 3D. Went to see it as a dare. I just can't believe I enjoyed i so much. Fitchner was amazing, the 3D was horrid 3/5. Can't wait to see it in 2D :)

NightProwler666 said:
Just watched School Of Rock. Jack Black is great (maybe a little over-the-top), and of course the music is great.

I think that movie is a good one and overall it's an entartaining one, but Jack Black's "this is rock 'n' roll" attitude kinda annoys me.

Fellowship of the Ring was playing in Dublin tonight. Hard to believe the movie is 10 years old. It amazes me just how lazy movies have become. Filming in New Zealand was a great choice, it looks incredible and adds an authenticity sadly lacking in many other "event" movies. Great performances all round and total commitment to the source material. 5/5. Howard Shore is a genius too.

Watched the first 6 episodes of the Sopranos series 1, gonna watch them all the way through series' 1 - 6 in that order, I have watched them lots before but never consecutively. I had forgotten how much humor and LOL moments there were in the earlier series', easily one of my favourite TV programs of all time.

Fugazi said:
Watched the first 6 episodes of the Sopranos series 1, gonna watch them all the way through series' 1 - 6 in that order, I have watched them lots before but never consecutively. I had forgotten how much humor and LOL moments there were in the earlier series', easily one of my favourite TV programs of all time.

I'm about half-way through the 6th series in what's probably my 5th time of watching them consecutively. The humour is one of the best aspects of that show. A few of my favourite lines from Series 2:

Tony: (to Junior upon hearing that he had another uncle) I remember my mother and my father arguing about something and she kept talking about my father's feeble minded brother and I always thought she meant you.

Meadow: There are more Nobel Prize winners in the San Francisco bay area than anywhere on the planet.
Tony: Nobel Prize for what? Packing fudge?

Christopher: (about Jon Favreau) Swingers? He can suck my dick; that swings, too.

Tony: What do you wanna talk about?
Richie: Fucking Dick Barone!
Tony: Well, as long as the two of you are happy.

Bobby: To the victor belongs the spoils.
Tony: Why don't you get the fuck out of here before I shove your quotation book up your fat fucking ass.

@ national acrobat, I remember the lines but not the episodes, it has been a long time since I watched series 2, need to watch them again to get them fresh in my mind. I will get back to you on this. 

Ok!, just finished series 1 gonna start series 2 in the next day or so, here are some of my favourite quotes from series 1.

Tony - What's that?
Motel owner - For your considerable trouble, as the talmud says...
Tony - I don't give shit what he says.

Mikey - If there's a leak it's in Tony's boat.
Junior - If you want to tell me my nephew's in bed with the justice department, just say it. Don't stammer around like a fucking spastic.

Junior and Tony's mom are watching a news report on TV about Tony surviving the "carjacking" and they are panicking.
Tony's mom - Is this true?.
Junior - What! do you think they made it up?.

The FBI take Tony to a secret location to let him hear the surveillance tapes from Green Grove.
FBI Agent - I'm sure agent Harris here explained that there's something we'd like you to hear.
Tony - The Springsteen boxset, I already got it!.

Tony talking to his wife.
Tony - This whole war could've been averted, cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this.

Tony talking with Dr Melfi.
We got bigger things to talk about than Jean Cusamano's ass.

Some new episodes from Chuck season 4!

labels=1

labels=1

I'm watching season 5 of That 70's Show. And I think I'm love with Mila Kunis  :wub:

Also, a few nights ago I watched Inception. It's a huge, crazy mindscrew, and I think I need to watch it again. Leo DiCaprio is, as always, very good. Some time ago I had imagined that dream stealing could be a very good idea for a movie... looks like I wasn't the only one to think of it  :p

portermoresby said:
I'm watching season 5 of That 70's Show. And I think I'm love with Mila Kunis  :wub:

Also, a few nights ago I watched Inception. It's a huge, crazy mindscrew, and I think I need to watch it again. Leo DiCaprio is, as always, very good. Some time ago I had imagined that dream stealing could be a very good idea for a movie... looks like I wasn't the only one to think of it  :p

Seriously, I just don't get why people consider Inception such a head fuck. The movie goes to great length to explain itself. It's actually the main reason I found the movie to be so annoying.

What is it about? That is one of the few movies I'm actually interested in seeing.

Onhell said:
I was on 'Shrooms, I don't know what everyone else's excuse is :p
[-/quote]
'
In retrospect I should've tried that :)
Stallion Duck said:
What is it about? That is one of the few movies I'm actually interested in seeing.

Quite simply, it's about invading people's dreams and suggesting ideas to them while they're asleep so they wake up inspired. Loada bollocks TBH.

Onhell said:
I was on 'Shrooms, I don't know what everyone else's excuse is :p

LOL I wasn't. Shrooms scare me.

snake plissken said:
Seriously, I just don't get why people consider Inception such a head fuck. The movie goes to great length to explain itself. It's actually the main reason I found the movie to be so annoying.

You're right, it starts to get pretty clear after a while.

But the way they start jumping in and out of all these dreams (including the attack to the base in the snow) is kinda hard to follow

Back