NOW WATCHING

Onhell said:
I don't know man... after giving Black Swan 5/10 i gotta say I have to recalibrate your ratings to fit my own :p

I am meaning to watch The Kings Speech though.

Portman was amazing, no doubt about it. Kunis was excellent too but the story was awful. Truly awful. But hey, each to their own, what did you think of Black Swan?

I thought it was AMAZING

The fact that they never tell you what is wrong with Portman, but you can see she has a laundry list of issues and her slow descent into madness was incredibly. My brother (psych major) and I discussed all her possible illnesses after the movie lol. From her obvious mother issues and sexual repression to her psychosis and possible Schizophrenia... just... amazing. Her constant quest for perfection and the fact that she ACTUALLY dies at the end and she says, "it was perfect" as she dies... just, wow. I don't know, just loved it. Ballet meets Fight Club :D

I really felt it was the companion piece to The Wrestler, which is one of my favourite movies.

LooseCannon said:
I really felt it was the companion piece to The Wrestler, which is one of my favourite movies.

I really liked the Wrestler. But I hated Requiem for a Dream. This director probably isn't for me.

snake plissken said:
I really liked the Wrestler. But I hated Requiem for a Dream. This director probably isn't for me.

Funny, Requiem for a Dream seems to be a very polarising film. Personally, I loved it.

snake plissken said:

Perun said:
Funny, Requiem for a Dream seems to be a very polarising film. Personally, I loved it.

I think Requiem is a fantastic film, but I am never watching it again lol. Once was enough to have it seared into my brain. I literally felt dirty after watching it.

Fugazi said:
Mulholland Drive.

What about it? I don't know if you've noticed, but not only do we say what we've watched, but we also say what we liked and didn't like and WHY. The point of this thread is to share with others what we thought of a certain movie....

Onhell said:
What about it? I don't know if you've noticed, but not only do we say what we've watched, but we also say what we liked and didn't like and WHY. The point of this thread is to share with others what we thought of a certain movie....

Meh! it was ok not my favourite David Lynch film, an interesting approach to film making, nice to see someone trying something different with the form, but alas it didn't do it for me.

Thank you for the feedback Fugazi.

In a bit of apparently old movie news; Christopher Nolan has confirmed a second and according to some articles FINAL sequel to his Batman franchise. The new movie is The Dark Knight Rises (LAME IMO), and stated the Riddler would not be the villain (double lame), Anne Hathaway is playing Catwoman (sexy!) and according to IMDB at least one of the bad guys will be Bane. Also the Joker has been recasted ( :( ). It is set to release summer of 2012 (just before the end of the world!). Let the rumors and speculations begin! Or continue in some cases. 

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman In Zack Snyder's Reboot

one reboot after another... <_<

cavillsuperman.jpg

I am getting sick of reboots... Studios don't even give a franchise a chance to grow or die before rebooting. Most glaring examples are Spiderman and The Hulk. The Hulk was moronic as it had essentially the same story line, just different Dr. Banner. What really pisses me off of the Hulk movies is the CGI Hulk. The 70's TV show was awesome as it had a body builder as the Hulk... They should go back to that, get some famous, or not so famous WWE wrestler to do it. Worked for the Mummy movies and The Rock, why not some other juiced up riod rager?

Onhell said:
Thank you for the feedback Fugazi.

In a bit of apparently old movie news; Christopher Nolan has confirmed a second and according to some articles FINAL sequel to his Batman franchise. The new movie is The Dark Knight Rises (LAME IMO), and stated the Riddler would not be the villain (double lame), Anne Hathaway is playing Catwoman (sexy!) and according to IMDB at least one of the bad guys will be Bane. Also the Joker has been recasted ( :( ). It is set to release summer of 2012 (just before the end of the world!). Let the rumors and speculations begin! Or continue in some cases. 

I thought Nolan confirmed he would not be recasting The Joker. Where did you hear this Onhell?

Yeah, the only official news is that Tom Hardy is Bane and Anne Hathaway is Selina Kyle (not even Catwoman).

Nolan has also been quoted to say that Two Face and The Joker are not returning, although nothing official on that yet.

valacirca said:
Yeah, the only official news is that Tom Hardy is Bane and Anne Hathaway is Selina Kyle (not even Catwoman).

Nolan has also been quoted to say that Two Face and The Joker are not returning, although nothing official on that yet.

Yeah that's what I figured. Bane could be amazing with Nolan writing him.

snake plissken said:
I thought Nolan confirmed he would not be recasting The Joker. Where did you hear this Onhell?

I googled "Christopher Nolan third Batman movie" and clicked a few links, then finally IMDBed it...

Oh, regarding the Superman reboot, Nolan is going to "have a lot of creative input" in the projejct... so that's a good sign. Maybe it will be sort of a Superman version of his Batman films - with Zach Snyder visual style. Starting to sound good...

Back