NOW WATCHING

Watching a ton of Forged in Fire (History Channel in the US)... that show just sucks you in .. my wife and I have been watching several episodes a night. The work itself is interesting, the judges are funny, and the contestants are weird (mostly good weird)

That's the Blacksmith show, right? My favorites still are Pawn Stars and American Restoration

Yeah ... it is engrossing and has some good personalities and is interesting to see the process. I have gained a decent amount of respect for that craft/art

Marillion Couch Convention 2020 - Friday Night
Streaming the full performance of the Marbles album from the Marillion Weekend in Port Zélande, Netherlands in 2015
Absolutely amazing!!!

Note: Colin Price was the guitar tech of Steve Rothery before Dave Murray

So they will air the finale of S10, then 6 additional episodes of S10, and then a 24 episode long S11. That's 31 episodes which is almost like two more seasons. Good time to end it. I don't particularly like the ending of the comics but it's impossible to replicate it due to characters dying way earlier in the show, so I hope they come up with something better.

Saw Guy Richie's The Gentleman with Mathew McCaughnaHEY. Classic Richie, reminded me of Rock 'n' Rolla, in style. The scene stealer was Hugh Grant, who hasn't been in much since his very public scandal when he was with Elizabeth Hurly. Given how old and weathered he looks may be why since his thing was always leading man or romantic interest. Still, he was great.

Binged Cobra Kai. Fucking love this series. It's been critiziced as just 80s nostalgia cheese, but I disagree. I feel it is nostalgia done right. Like... Guardians of the Galaxy compared to say... Captain Marvel. Both Guardians of the Galaxy and Cobra Kai ground that nostalgia to the emotional connection the characters (and audience) have to it rather than a "Oh remember that thing from way back when?" Which is what Captain Marvel does, "Hey, Remember Block Buster?" "Remember I'm Just a Girl?" Cuz, those were things... in the 90s. Both Johnny and Daniel are stuck in the past in some way and the way they handle the music, movies and flashbacks is well done. I'm glad Netflix bought it from Youtube.

Cobra Kai is my favourite TV series since Breaking Bad, full stop. It has nothing to do with the nostalgia and everything to do with a multi-layered story that feels visceral and real.

Cobra Kai is my favourite TV series since Breaking Bad, full stop. It has nothing to do with the nostalgia and everything to do with a multi-layered story that feels visceral and real.

Agreed, they've done a great job fleshing out the characters and giving them depth. the season to Finale was epic, reminded me of the first avengers movie.

Watched Away on Netflix.

New science fiction drama from Netflix. Feels familiar in some ways, but with good actors and some character-driven storylines it manages to pull you in. Hopefully we'll get a second season.

Just watched the 2 first episodes of Lincoln Rhyme:Hunt for the Bone Collector.
Denzel Washington was a much better Lincoln tbh.

Tonight the second episode of the second season of Undercover, a Belgian crimeserie.

I watched the original Mulan yesterday.

Mushu is far and away the best character, and "Reflection" hit a bit harder than I expected.

Are all the movies related to the show, ie do I have to see them all first?

Are all the movies related to the show, ie do I have to see them all first?
You don't have to, but it definitely helps, especially if you want to get some of the inside jokes. Like when Robby finds the Japanese drum in a box and Daniel says, "Hey, careful with that, that drum saved my life." Aside from those, which aren't many, the show does a good job at flashbacks.

I was mostly referring to the 4th movie and the one with Jaden Smith - they aren't referenced at all, right?

It's unknown if the 4th movie is part of the canon. Movies 1 and 2 have been referred to definitively in-universe, and it sounds like 3 is going to be referenced in season 3.

For reference, I am 100% fine with Hillary Swank showing up in Cobra Kai.

The Jaden Smith movie is a horrible abortion. The replacement Miyagi character is a stain on Mr. Miyagi's good name.

Is that 3? Boy, I haven't seen 2&3 in so long...
To be fair 3 is by far the weakest of the original trilogy and very forgetable. However, yeah, that is the main story line, for some inexplicable reason Daniel has forgotten all his training, is a pansy again, gets fed up with Mr. Miagi and joins Cobra Kai for like 2 seconds.

Back