NOW WATCHING

I saw it openning weekend WAAAAY back in the day. It scared me, then again I was a teenager, but I still like it. The only annoying part... oh never mind I don't feel like putting spoiler tags. Watch it, if only for historical purposes only lol.

I want to watch The Blair Witch Project but I don't want to do it alone. :ahhh:
Ridiculously overrated. I watched it for the first time earlier this year, and went all in expecting to be left completely terrified... the whole thing really just left me bored and counting the minutes for it to end. The last scene (the one in the house) is very good, I'll give you that, but by then I was just too fed up to get scared.

Both sequels, I feel, are better than the original film (the best being 2016's Blair Witch).

Ridiculously overrated. I watched it for the first time earlier this year, and went all in expecting to be left completely terrified... the whole thing really just left me bored and counting the minutes for it to end. The last scene (the one in the house) is very good, I'll give you that, but by then I was just too fed up to get scared.

Both sequels, I feel, are better than the original film (the best being 2016's Blair Witch).
Thanks for giving me some incentive to watch it now!

I've heard that it's mainly walking around and not much action. When I was very young, my brothers had just seen the movie and one of them drew the stick figure symbols everywhere. That has stayed with me ever since. Last weekend someone mentioned the movie and that they find the witch in a house at the end, which is the part that got me intrigued again, but after some googling I understand that there really is no monster. Got scammed!

The witch was never shown on-screen, in any of the 3 films. In Blair Witch, we do actually see an ominous tree-like creature, but the producers confirmed it was still not the witch.

I've heard that it's mainly walking around and not much action. When I was very young, my brothers had just seen the movie and one of them drew the stick figure symbols everywhere. That has stayed with me ever since. Last weekend someone mentioned the movie and that they find the witch in a house at the end, which is the part that got me intrigued again, but after some googling I understand that there really is no monster. Got scammed!

More often than not what you don’t see is far scarier than what you do. I enjoyed it st the time, thought it a competent film. The marketing was genius and innovative. While not the first found footage movie, it was the first to become a cultural phenomenon and made MILLIONS on a show strong budget. If it isn’t already, this movie needs t

I'm totally with you regarding "what you don't see" argument (the best horror) & no doubt the marketing was indeed genuis. Doesn't make it a great film though. Thought it was totally ordinary at the time & still do.
If it isn’t already, this movie needs t
"the moving on to something more interesting treatment"?

Had connection issues lol. Pretty pointless to finish the point now. It has not aged well at all and the ending, while strong, did annoy me quite a bit. I mean, it is clearly a single floor shack from the outside yet they manage to go up three floors, down seven up ten again before going to the basement. C’mon!

The witch was never shown on-screen, in any of the 3 films. In Blair Witch, we do actually see an ominous tree-like creature, but the producers confirmed it was still not the witch.

Apparently you were supposed to see the Witch in the first one but one of the actors forgot to pan left to film it and it wasn't reshot. Apparently it was a woman in a white dress sort of creature

Not until we talk about the realistic aesthetics of the woods, because, well, they were real and that realism added a post-modern modernity to the realism of the reality of this very real master piece. I must admit admitingly that I do not deny the woods were tantalizing, titillating one might dare say....

What!? How was it even possible that you missed the call back to Dante's Inferno! As the hikers get lost in the woods just as Dante was lost in the woods, well... so were Hansel and Grettel, but we don't care about them. And then there's that OTHER fairy tale about that evil wizard in the woods and that OTHER one about a beautiful woman in the woods, but it was an OBVIOUS call back to Dante's Inferno. When they find the shack is so META, As we SEE the shack but sitting in the dark theater feels like you are also IN the shack, is my life a shack? Or shit? Shat? Regardless they enter the shit shack like Dante enters Hell and Hansel and Gretel enter the witches candy shack and we all entered the B-52's Love Shack, and that one guy entered the beautiful girl in the woods... they enter the shack and defying basic common sense just like Hell defies our expectations and warps our senses so too the shack which is CLEARY ONE FUCKING FLOOR somehow has 16 fucking floors inside. Again echoing The Inferno they descend 50 fucking floors into the basement where they meet their end. THE END.

I saw the Blair Witch Project in the theater with a group of friends back in 1999. I remember that we arrived late and missed the first 10-15 min or so of the film so the ending were a complete mystery until I watched it many years later and got the backstory to go with it. We were high as kites anyways so probably woulden't have made sense anyway.

On another note, I finally got around to watching 1922 on Netflix, the movied based on the novel by King. Fantastic movie :)

I noticed they have that and Gerald's Game on Netflix. I'll watch them both eventually, at the moment Gerald's Game is one of two books I'm reading VERY slowly due to work/life commitments. I like Thomas Jane and the woman playing his wife was on House of Cards, very good actress.

I wouldn't mind watching Gerald's Game, but there's a particularly harrowing scene in the book that I am not looking forward to seeing realised on-screen. I won't say what if you haven't got to that part yet, but I think you'll know it when you do.

I wouldn't mind watching Gerald's Game, but there's a particularly harrowing scene in the book that I am not looking forward to seeing realised on-screen. I won't say what if you haven't got to that part yet, but I think you'll know it when you do.
The one with the dog?

Back