NOW WATCHING

Started watching season 2 of 13 Reasons Why this week (I'm currently 4 episodes in) and, I must say, it's better than I expected it to be. I loved the first season, but I had a lot of doubts about the 2nd one (it's not exactly the kind of story that desperately needs a sequel). I still think season 1 was better, but, so far, season 2 has exceeded all my previous expectations.

Finished Season 1 of Westworld. It was friggin' amazing. This is how you do a mindfuck show without fillers and pretentious crap (I'm looking at you, Legion S2!). Everything came together in an awesome way near the end, most of the stuff got proper explanations and yet there's still a lot left.

Gorgeous cinematography. Incredible acting and dialogue (Anthony Hopkins and his basement monologues...). Can't praise it enough.

Finished watching the first season of Cobra Kai last night.

What a great show. Great balance of nostalgia and new point of view. I'm curious as to where they take it season two. I didn't like how soap-opera it got toward the last episodes with the love triangle and father figure issues. Yet, it being a series rather than a movie I guess they have to pad it somehow. Team Johnny all the way!

I was thinking the exact same thing! There must be something going on in that house. Also,
I wonder if Nick has something to do with the assault. His request for a transfer was very "timely", but on the other hand, Price is most likely dead, so he can't transfer him.
Based on the last episode
I guess we'll never know what the deal was with Glenn.

Watched Death of Stalin on the plane. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Both prerry accurate and just funny as hell

Speaking of Russians, The Americans series finale was spectacular

Our godfathers/best friends have always been a bit out of touch with popular culture, so after showing them the Craig Bond movies (they liked those very much) we continued with The Dark Knight trilogy (which they've also liked very much so far - though we still haven't seen Rises). After this revisit, I'm probably comment on those, because I realised how much do I actually like them (well, I've seen The Dark Knight 5 times and Rises 3 times in cinema alone). Surprise, surpise, I still like Rises most (I know there aren't that many of us), but all three movies are great. Well, I have a soft spot for Nolan, so there's that.

Mark Hamill feels the most authentic and comic book-y. Heath Ledger was great but I’m not sure you could put his Joker in any Batman universe outside Nolan’s.

Mark Hamill feels the most authentic and comic book-y. Heath Ledger was great but I’m not sure you could put his Joker in any Batman universe outside Nolan’s.
You couldn't. But I prefer Nolan's darker and more realistic approach.

Of course, @Night Prowler. Felt the same with the books. As in, have not continued past Leviathan Wakes although the series is consisting of 7 published books at present (with 2 more planned and on the way).

Of course, @Night Prowler. Felt the same with the books. As in, have not continued past Leviathan Wakes although the series is consisting of 7 published books at present (with 2 more planned and on the way).
Honestly, I too was depressed that Miller died since he was my favorite character, but they did a good job in making other characters cooler to make up for it. Amos is now my favorite character.

The horror series my photo is based on has finally released a teaser for the prequel to the entire series...The Nun (who first appeared in The Conjuring 2):

Back