NOW WATCHING

I recently finished season 3 of Fear the Walking Dead.

The season 3 finale was one of the best episodes of the whole show, although I hate that it ended on a cliffhanger. I've quite enjoyed the show for the most part, despite its reuse of some of the plot points from the main show.

I have to say, however, that I really can't stand Madison's character. None of the characters here are all the great, to be honest, but Madison is by far the worst. Strand was probably my favorite overall, but even he really fucked things up at the end of this season.

They also revealed how the crossover is happening: Morgan is going from the main show TO FTWD. I have no idea how this is supposed to work, as TWD is currently years ahead of Fear, and on the opposite side of the continent. :facepalm: Having a character go from Fear to TWD would at least be plausible, this just seems like a cheap ploy to boost ratings. I hope it works out, but I'm not very optimistic about the quality of future seasons of Fear going forward.

Last edited:
That is my main complaint about Fear ... not really too many people to like on that show. Bunch of new people on the show next year .. which is probably a good sign

In the last two days I watched Thor: Ragnarok and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

Loved Thor - it was intensely better than the previous two installments and consistently funny throughout. Marvel is really nailing the humor on these recent release. Thanks, Joss Whedon!

Three Billboards was...odd. I love Martin McDonagh's plays and In Bruges but this film (like Seven Psychopaths) felt unwieldy, like the director couldn't really sustain the amount of characters onboard. Overall, I enjoyed it. But I didn't love it like I wanted to.

Home Alone 2, on the other hand, has a very interesting cameo in the beginning. And I'm not talking about the WTC.

Honestly, they shouldn't call it Home Alone 2, it should be called Home Alone the Best. #MAGA

Watching it as an adult, Home Alone 2 is actually quite a disturbing film that feels right somewhere between Hitchcock and The Shining. The whole Christmas soppiness really only makes it worse.

Been binging several shows. Started with American Crime Story season 1, the OJ case. This was created by Ryan Murphy, same guy from American Horror Story and will function in a similar way where each season will be a new famous crime case, with recurring cast members. In fact Sarah Paulson was working on both shows concurrently, props to her.

Anyway, when it first came out I remember it got a lot of negative reactions, from Cuba Gooding Jr's acting to David Schwimmer's and of course the dramatization of it. In reading about the series, the real life players overwhelmingly had a positive reaction with the a few having no comment and to even fewer, mainly the Kardashians, oddly reacting negatively. It won several awards and I happen to agree. I really enjoyed it, not to mention I only remember the verdict, I was 12 and in Mexico so it wasn't as big a circus here. I also vaguely remember the L.A race riots that came of the Rodney King beating. I felt the series really captured how much the case meant socially.

Started watching The confession tapes, a show about people getting convicted due to false confessions. Nothing to write home about, but still interesting.

Also watched Awake, the one about the detective that was in a car accident and whenever he wakes up he is in a reality where either his wife or son survived the accident. Very interesting crime show about "reality."

Currently catching up on some VERY mindless shows, but ultimately comforting. Pretty Little Liars and Once Upon a Time. Judge all you want, but it gives me a break from all the other "heavy" watching and work lol.

The trailer just feels horribly unbalanced. Tone is all over the place and it literally looks like a two-minute condensed version of that scene in Peter Jackson's King Kong where everyone runs down a mountain.

I liked the first one, but this trailer makes the movie look a mess.

"Remember the part of our surprise super-hit that everyone thought was dumb? Let's base the sequel on that."

Jurassic World was Colin Trevorrow's grade 8 Jurassic Park fanfic with a $300 million budget, and now we get his next schoolboy scribble.

Since I liked The Lost World (not that many of us, I guess), I might give it a try. The trailer is cheesy, but we'll see.

"Remember the part of our surprise super-hit that everyone thought was dumb? Let's base the sequel on that."

Jurassic World was Colin Trevorrow's grade 8 Jurassic Park fanfic with a $300 million budget, and now we get his next schoolboy scribble.
Lol, exactly.

To me this doesn't look much better than the Transformers franchise... Yikes. Besides, the trailer is just not good IMO. I'm sorry to say this, but it looks like Star Wars really dodged a bullet when it comes to Trevorrow.

Back