NOW WATCHING

Currently catching up on Homeland.
I actually just started watching Homeland, myself. Part of the reason I decided to watch it is I can recall it getting a whole lot of praise in this thread in the past so I finally decided to check it out. I'm currently 6 episodes in, and I'm really excited to see how it all plays out.

Cool! Post your thoughts here if you want and I'll do it after every season :) I just finished Season 2 and onwards it's just new stuff for me.

The Dark Tower trailer. Looks like it is "inspired by" the characters and basic storyline as opposed to following the storyline faithfully. Makes sense because the actual story is about 8 books long! Can't fit that into a 2 hour film:

Looks ok. My biggest worry was that they'd spend too much time in Jake's world, this trailer didn't reassure me in that area.

I think it's supposed to be the first in the series, not a standalone, so hopefully they aren't trying to cram everything in there. Combining elements of the first and third books seems fine though.

I have not read the series and had no idea that the plot of this was "kid finds portal to another world and asks questions to further exposition". That trailer does not make me excited for this movie.

The Dark Tower is a series with the going-on-a-quest-to-save-the-world-element from The Lord of the Rings, the bat-shit unexplained mix of sci-fi and fantasy crazyness of Lost, all driven by the hero of a Sergio Leone western starring Clint Eastwood with the Joker from Batman as his nemesis and the series main villain.

Don't know about the film, but it was first announced 10 years ago and I've been waiting since then. You'll get my review when I've seen it at the pictures.

Dark Tower is a great read.
Elba seems to have captured Roland and McConaughey as Flagg could work.

Last edited:
Yea I'm not worried about the casting at least. Even the kid seems ok so far.

I hate the costumes though.

I'm not sure I would agree with Elba capturing Roland, at least from what I saw in the trailer. It seems to me that the movie Roland has this badass superhero feel about him, whereas the book Roland is nothing like that.

Back