NOW WATCHING

Well that's good news. I thought the raptor-whisperer in the trailer looked incredibly silly and had written off the whole film as a cheesy resurrection of 2 and 3. Glad to hear it has more to it.

It's definitely represented in a much more realistic fashion in the movie. I had very low expectations, especially about that subplot, but it turned out to be one of my favorite things about the movie. The film is very much made in loving memory to the original and almost acts as if 2 and 3 never existed.

But I like all 3 :(

I thought I did, too, but after rewatching them I have to say: The Lost World is really bad. The writing and character motivations are absolutely atrocious. JP 3 is better than I remember it being, but nowhere near as good as the first.

Jurassic World was awesome.

I have no idea where they can go with the sequels, but I'd still love to have Sam Neill and/or Jeff Goldblum back at least in a cameo. I didn't really miss them in this movie, I just think it'd be cool to have them back.

Just saw it, was indeed awesome. Maybe my favorite movie this year so far.

Holy shit, that doesn't say much for the movies you've seen this year... or just movies generally. My guess is the sequel will be the same as this one; since this one was the same as the first one...

Jurassic World was awesome.

I have no idea where they can go with the sequels, but I'd still love to have Sam Neill and/or Jeff Goldblum back at least in a cameo. I didn't really miss them in this movie, I just think it'd be cool to have them back.

Agreed, I'd love a Sam Neill cameo and I'm fine with Jeff Goldblum actually having a role, as long he's a very, very small character. The whole reason The Lost World sucks is because Ian Malcolm is a terrible protagonist. Great snarky side character, though.

Holy shit, that doesn't say much for the movies you've seen this year... or just movies generally.
Well since clearly your only purpose for posting in this thread is to show how your taste in movies is far superior to everyone else's, why not point me in the right direction and tell me what the good movies are. :p

Saw Mad Max. Over-the-top action in an original key with great gore and cool characters. Very satisfied.
At the beginning of the movie, I told my friend, whom I was watching the movie with, that the bald guys' leader is Satch. It was epic when they started to shout "Joe"!

Well since clearly your only purpose for posting in this thread is to show how your taste in movies is far superior to everyone else's, why not point me in the right direction and tell me what the good movies are. :p
My posts having nothing to do with showing my own superior taste (your words) & everything to do with the catastrophic paucity of quality films being made. As for "the good movies"?; no idea, but I know total shite when see it.

Awesomeness is in the eye of the beholder.
Indeed. However, I just don't see any reason why we can't called a turd a turd. You're allowed to like them, we just don't have to pretend they're not turds though.
I don't watch that many movies, dude :p What's your favorite movie of this year then?
I haven't seen anything that impressive this year, to be honest --& I don't care to rank them in any order which would compel we to call one of them my favourite.

Mad Max: Fury Road was good. Enjoyable, but not OMG BEST ACTION MOVIE EVER. Thought Jurassic World and AoU were both way better.

Back