NOW WATCHING

It (Gravity) didn't win all the Oscars it was nominated for (except best picture) for nothing. Though I still don't see what the big fuss is.

I saw Robocop. It was fun. A LOT of things I really liked, but overall if felt half-baked. So much potential, almost too many ideas that could have been taken rather far and in the end, they were all half-heartedly explored. Still a fun movie, though.

I saw Robocop. It was fun. A LOT of things I really liked, but overall if felt half-baked. So much potential, almost too many ideas that could have been taken rather far and in the end, they were all half-heartedly explored. Still a fun movie, though.

Agreed. Robocop was better than expected, but ultimately fell really flat in the end. Gary Oldman was great (as always).

Agreed, Oldman was the highlight of the movie. I was disappointed with Kinaman, great in AMC's The Killing, here, again, not as great as he could've been.

I marathoned True Detective last week, finishing with the finale on Monday. A very good show on the whole, though I think the last couple of episodes weren't quite as tense as the earlier ones. I think part of it may have been the loss of the chronological jumps; the sometimes conflicting narratives and references to events not yet seen played a big role in building suspense, and made the show feel less like a regular straightforward police procedural. All of it had to come together at the end, obviously, but even so.

Now let's see what they come up with for season two.

Two and a Half Men renewed for Season 12.

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

I re-watched the original 300 as the second one was released and seen a short while ago. The first episode is better by far, the blood-shattering scenes and slow-mo are actually done right and not taken too far. The art style and majestic (battle) scenes really make the movie unique. There are some minor aspects that definitely remove the "masterpiece" label but nevertheless 300 is a very satisfying watch.

Can't believe there's only one How I Met Your Mother episode left :confused:

It's right that they are ending it now, but it's still sad. It was only the 2nd show I started binge watching (after Lost).

I still need to watch this season yet. I may still watch the last episode but I'll have no idea what's going on. :blink: I could always read up on it before.

Can't believe there's only one How I Met Your Mother episode left :confused:

It's right that they are ending it now, but it's still sad. It was only the 2nd show I started binge watching (after Lost).

That rings a bell. Discovered Lost last year on Netflex and the entire family polished off the entire series in what seemed like a very short period.
My wife and daughters started watching How I Met Your Mother in January and had the first eight seasons gone in a month.
(I like the show, I just couldn't keep up.)

I really don't understand the censoring/rating stuff for TV shows... The Walking Dead has gallons of blood in every episode, all possible ways of dismembering human bodies, but no nudity or swearing? Just seems really really stupid.

Basic cable shows are only allowed so much I'm assuming because it's a wider audience. They do swear in the show, I've heard it several times but not a lot and of course a big no no for words like 'fuck'.

I just watched the HIMYM finale.

What the fuck. I am so pissed off, it was an amazing episode right until the last 3 minutes. I can't believe it. By the way, I figured the hit or miss season that this was would be worth it in the end because of the payoff, but instead the two main relationships that were played up for an entire season are abruptly, ended. It should've ended after Ted met the mom.

Last edited:
I watched it tonight too even though I wasn't caught up on the whole season...
Ted ends up with Robin anyway!? Yeah, I was a bit disappointed with that... The rest of the episode was great! Then that happened.

I just watched the HIMYM finale.

What the fuck. I am so pissed off, it was an amazing episode right until the last 3 minutes. I can't believe it.
This.

As some guy wrote on Twitter:
I want to melt that blue horn into a liquid and burn Ted Mosby to death with it.

Back