NOW READING

A Man Called Ove.
Much more 'touching' fare than I usually find myself reading. Dangerous to read in public if you dont like people seeing you cry. Great stuff.
What the fuck is Ubik? Obviously I could google it but, ye know, interaction and shit.

Aye, heard of the chap, never read any. Haven't ever fully watched Blade Runner but from what remember 'insane paranoid' sounds about right!
For some reason I thought Ubik would be some kind of ancient manuscript....

I've only read a few too - Androids, The Man in the High Castle, The Game-Players of Titan* and Deus Irae* (the latter, a joint effort with Roger Zelazny, is probably the most "normal" one, and it says a lot if Zelazny of all people is your agent of normality). Halfway through the book I still have absolutely no idea what Ubik is so I can't really argue against it being some kind of ancient manuscript indeed.

*In Bulgarian translations only

Wonderous stuff. Still haven't read the new one yet.

Currently on Operation Certain Death by Damien Lewis, its about a 1999 SAS hostage rescue mission in Sierra Leone. Bitt of a change from A Man Called Ove!

Origin by Dan Brown. Loved it. The never ending conversation of religion vs science, the wonder (& threat) of A.I., the meaning of hidden symbols, history of historic places I have never seen. Enjoyed it.

Did ye read the whole thing in a week? Thats some quick readin, by my own yardstick, anyway.
I'm inbetween books as of yesterday, its one of those times when I haven't got a decent idea of what kind of thing I want next. Maybe I'll browse the internet until despair forces my hand!

Did ye read the whole thing in a week? Thats some quick readin, by my own yardstick, anyway.
I'm inbetween books as of yesterday, its one of those times when I haven't got a decent idea of what kind of thing I want next. Maybe I'll browse the internet until despair forces my hand!
A little bit more cause I'd already started it when I posted here. And it just takes you away

Heinlein's Stranger In A Strange Land. Again, first time in English, only read the Bulgarian translation before.

Finished The Drawing of the Three, six books to go :smartarse:. I calculated that if I read an average of 25 pages per day, the series as a whole would take six months to complete. Since I started at the beginning of March, I should be able to finish by the end of summer.
@Ariana did you read the series in English or Bulgarian? And do you think The Wind Through the Keyhole should be read last or between the fourth and fifth book?

Back