NOW READING

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Oct 20 2005, 07:37 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Oct 20 2005, 07:37 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'm reading Agatha Christie's 'Death On The Nile',

Damn, Hercule Poirot is such a smartarse. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]120712[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Poirot is my hero. After Maverick.

Your real hero should be Baeleron. Remember that he's larger than you... well Baeleron is even larger than Adrian Smith!

Im reading "Black Like Me"

Its a true story about a guy who went through procedures to temporarily turn his skin black, before Martin Luther King Jr's marches. Damn...people were harsh back then.

[!--QuoteBegin-Liberation+Oct 31 2005, 03:53 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Liberation @ Oct 31 2005, 03:53 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Im reading "Black Like Me"

Its a true story about a guy who went through procedures to temporarily turn his skin black, before Martin Luther King Jr's marches. Damn...people were harsh back then.
[snapback]121817[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I think I saw that movie. Harsh indeed.

I just finished reading The Virgin Suicides. It was for my english class, and I have to say I have no idea what this book is trying to tell me.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]and I have to say I have no idea what this book is trying to tell me.[/quote]

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I had the same problem when I read "Sansibar oder der letzte Grund" by Alfred Andersch in grade 11. It was the first time in my life I disagreed with a leftist (my German teacher) about leftist philosophy. She thought the book was really good, I thought it was absolutely awful. Ever since, my political and philosophic views escaped all boxes and descriptions.
I liked my German teacher and she liked me, but the books she made us read were absolute shit [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Nov 7 2005, 09:24 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Nov 7 2005, 09:24 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
I liked my German teacher and she liked me
[snapback]122470[/snapback]​
[/quote]

So.... how's she doing now perun? [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] just kidding. I'm currently reading State of Fear by Michael Crichton and I got to say it looks more like a doctoral thesis than a novel. The Appendixes and Bibliography could be are a novel in themselves. Anywho, it is... at the moment (on page 150 of... 623) about global warming and other enviornmental hazzards (perun, sounds like your cup of tea). Like I said, it seems Crichton finally went for a full on research paper masked as a novel. While his previous books (Prey and Timeline) also included Bibliographies and ALL his novels seemed to educate and entertain the reader at the same time this one is more education and less entertainment. The way he sets up the information is awkward and at times slows down the pace of the story. However, it is still very interesting (i'm learning a lot about global warming [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]) and entertaining enough to distract me from my school readings. Highly recomended to all on this board.

I knew they'd misinterpret me [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
I knew I wouldn't care [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm reading "The United States of Wal-Mart" which is a "how walmart got so big and mean" book. VERY revealing, basically i'm never shoping at wal-mart again, people complain about Nike and GM... gees they'd shit their pants over Wal-mart.

ps. Perun I was serious when I said you might like State of Fear [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Right now I'm reading Anne Rices's Blood and Gold, a very good literature book, it has a lot of history in it since Marius the Vampire is immortal and he tells you of his life in the Roman Empire, the Dark Ages, The Renaissance blah blah, a damn good one.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Nov 30 2005, 02:29 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Nov 30 2005, 02:29 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]ps. Perun I was serious when I said you might like State of Fear [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]124331[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You're right, that does sound like my cup of tea. I'll look if I can find it somewhere.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Right now I'm reading Heart of Darkness. It's a school assignment.[/quote]

That really is a difficult book. I still haven't finished reading it.

As for what I am reading right now... officially, I'm reading "Moby Dick". Inofficially, it's been lying there for ages with only the first few chapters read. It really is a whale of a book, and not an easy read at all.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Nov 30 2005, 09:41 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Nov 30 2005, 09:41 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]As for what I am reading right now... officially, I'm reading "Moby Dick". Inofficially, it's been lying there for ages with only the first few chapters read. It really is a whale of a book, and not an easy read at all.
[snapback]124350[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I'm reading (trying to read) that at the minute aswell. It is a difficult book, so much detail goes into everything, in intricate language. It gets really boring after a while, I can't read any more than 10 pages without taking a break. I'm currently on about paqge 90 of 700 or so.

I'm reading articles in an 2003 almanach called "Sex at the romanian people". It's actually not as shallow as it sounds. It has a lot of historic, social, cultural, ethymologic information, that really enlightened me. I also figured out. that starting from this subject that's so wrongly tabu-ed, you can get into the most philosphical and complex discussions...

I'm reading (for the fourth time) a wonderful book, it's called "A drink with Shane". It's an autobiographical work by Shano and his girl Victoria Clarke.
[img src=\'http://www.musiklandet.se/ml/index.nsf/D4F6669CA43C21EDC12570B6008129E7/$FILE/ShaneMacGowan_1_.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]
Mister MacGowan talks about his past when he had to move (as a child) from his beloved Ireland (Nenagh) to London. He tells us his punk days and how he finally funded the Pogues. The book is packed with hilarious stories and some philosophical thoughts. A very very good Christmas present. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Visit his [a href=\'http://www.shanemacgowan.com/\' target=\'_blank\']site for more information on the talented songwriter![/a]
______
Shane MacGowan is not only famous, he's eminent.

I'm reading "Laberinto de la Soledad" (loneliness maze) by Octavio Paz who is Nobel Prize winner, in this book he analyses why Mexico is a country that can't evolve because our mentality, he says that we mexicans are victims of history. Try to find it, because it's really a good book. (Onhell must know it, and he probably agrees that this is a great book)

[!--QuoteBegin-charlotte+Sep 6 2005, 12:17 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(charlotte @ Sep 6 2005, 12:17 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'm starting "On Writing" by Stephen King.
[snapback]117558[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Have you finished it yet? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I started reading The Eagle has Landed by Jack Higgins today. I ttook it out of the school library. I actually asked the librarian if she has Where Eagles Dare, unfortunately she didn't. My dad will probbably have it somewhere though.

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Dec 13 2005, 06:33 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Dec 13 2005, 06:33 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Hurray another Jack Higgins reader! I almost have all of his books, he is indeed a great action author..
[snapback]124960[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I've only read about five pages of one of his books, so don't expect any long, intellectual conversations about Jack Higgins. [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm actually reading it because we have to write an essay about a book that we've read by ourselves, not with the rest of the class, and my teacher says that we have to read adult books that are actually challenging literature.

Back