NOW PLAYING

440211.jpg

Artist: Ken Hensley
Album Title: Past and Present (Songs in Time) A Ken Hensley Anthology 1972-2021
Release Date: 2023
Style: Prog Rock
(Cd 3 / 5)

cover.jpg

Maiden-influenced NWOTHM from the U.S. from 2020. The vocals and lyrics are the weak spot, though the singer isn’t bad. Some really nice guitar parts.

Quite possibly the best metal album of all time!

I seriously think this honor belongs to Rust in Peace.

It’s so remarkable. You had 3 seminal albums Killing /Peace Sells /So Far… which nearly defined a genre.
Then you had an out of this Planet album, Rust in Peace, probably the best of all time and a streak of another 3 classic albums.

So there you have it, @srfc Megadeth is the only other band with a streak of 7 classic albums except Maiden.

It’s so remarkable. You had 3 seminal albums Killing /Peace Sells /So Far… which nearly defined a genre.
Then you had an out of this Planet album, Rust in Peace, probably the best of all time and a streak of another 3 classic albums.

So there you have it, @srfc Megadeth is the only other band with a streak of 7 classic albums except Maiden.

I have never rated Megadeth that much to be honest. I could never get past Mustaine’s grunting and snarling.

That being said, they were great live when I saw them supporting Maiden back in 1999.

Last edited:
Quite possibly the best metal album of all time!
The album is an eternal classic, but it has one weak song - ''Fight It Back''.
I think that Breaker/Restless and Wild/Balls to the Wall is a hat-trick as outstanding as The Number of the Beast/Piece of Mind/Powerslave.
Great albums, I like Metal Heart more than Restless And Wild, but Maiden's albums are better.
Megadeth is the only other band with a streak of 7 classic albums except Maiden.
I don't think there is another band with 7 classic albums in a row.

I think you're pushing it a bit with Killing being a classic, and although I like Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings, they were past their best by that stage.

Back