NOW PLAYING

I already said that both the sister drowning the other sister because of a guy, "bonny swans" being a cadaver in the river and "He made a harp of her breast bone" is fucking metal, right?

(It's based on the 17th century Northumbrian murder ballad The Twa Sisters, that's why, btw)

Uriah_Heep_Salisbury.jpg

Not keen on Bruce's delivery but I love the dirtier, slinkier feel here, something Maiden's take was sadly lacking.
I admit I hadn't heard this before (yeah, I know). I think it works quite well as a Brucie solo song, and should never have been made a Maiden song, one of the most annoying NPFTD tracks for me.
This one is fun, the other one isn't.
#ContextMatters

I admit I hadn't heard this before (yeah, I know). I think it works quite well as a Brucie solo song, and should never have been made a Maiden song, one of the most annoying NPFTD tracks for me.
This one is fun, the other one isn't.
#ContextMatters

Bruce's really nails the schlocky horror vibe of the film it's attached to, Maiden's chokes that atmosphere out of it, and No Prayer's production does it no favours. I love Jan's clanky, twangy guitar tone on Bruce's version too.

Back