NOW PLAYING

I admit I hadn't heard this before (yeah, I know). I think it works quite well as a Brucie solo song, and should never have been made a Maiden song, one of the most annoying NPFTD tracks for me.
This one is fun, the other one isn't.
#ContextMatters

True, but Percy needed some material to rescue this substandard Maiden album from oblivion.

I have fond memories of No Prayer for the Dying, being the first Maiden album I listened to and subsequently bought, but rose-tinted glasses aside, it ir pretty mediocre, setting the 90s trend for the band.

Not keen on Bruce's delivery but I love the dirtier, slinkier feel here, something Maiden's take was sadly lacking.
I like Maiden's version more. Better vocals, better solo and the feel is not needed for Maiden (I don't think it fits). The different chorus is cool and the production is better though. I think both the song and NPFTD album are not weak.

NS00NDQ0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Band name: Volbeat
Album: Servant of the Mind
Favorite song(s): Shotgun Blues, Sacred Stones, The Devil Rages On
Least favorite song(s): Dagen Før, Domino
-------------------------------------------

God I love this album and I'm so happy I saw this band live on the Servant of the Road World Tour in Antwerp! I'm really glad they played some of the best songs on this album. Hoping to see Volbeat again one day but I'll never forget that wonderful evening.

The moment Micheal announced Shotgun Blues I lost my shit, it's such a great song! I found a video the other day where you can see me banging my head and I swear that everyone that sees that thinks I'm a madman.

91vVnBRLPwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Back