NOW PLAYING

Just yesterday I first heard this cover.

Turns out "early, speed-metal Helloween + Rhapsody of Fire = Freedom Call"

And I don't mean that in any way negatively.

Oh, and another discovery from yesterday.

1669675823972.png

I have this really stupid and inexplicable tendency to not listen to most of the solo efforts of members of even my favourite bands, barring some exceptions. Just like this one here - I never heard this album, despite loving Luca Turilli's work in Rhapsody and being a fan of him. I almost kinda avoided it, because it was "solo".

Because I'm an idiot.

Indeed, this is a truly excellent power metal album and a welcome addition to the early Rhapsody records. Any fan of Symphony of Enchanted Lands, Dawn of Victory, Rain of a Thousand Flames, Power of the Dragonflame will probably really enjoy this and be excited to add this to his collection.

If I did not have the insane idea of creating the chronologial all-of-Rhapsody-related playlist to put on while playing Diablo (the third one, for yesterday and today)...

Like I said, an idiot. Don't be like me. Trust the artists that you like.

Oh, and another discovery from yesterday.

1669675823972-png.23906
His next one, Prophet Of The Last Eclipse, is even better. I don’t really care for Rhapsody because of Fabio Lione, but I really like most of Turilli’s solo stuff.

Sanctuary - Into The Mirror Black

I finally bought this GMAC discovery and listened to it 3 times. Good musicianship, some great parts but overall it didn´t grab me and amazed me yet. Maybe it takes more spins to reveil its majesty?

Sanctuary - Into The Mirror Black

I finally bought this GMAC discovery and listened to it 3 times. Good musicianship, some great parts but overall it didn´t grab me and amazed me yet. Maybe it takes more spins to reveil its majesty?
I have the same sentiment, expected to like it more because I love Nevermore.

Back