NOW PLAYING

Megadeth - Sweating Bullets

What are the lyrics to this song about?

According to Dave:

"I wrote that about myself. It was pointed out to me that I’m kind of schizophrenic and that I live inside my head. Which is something I don’t subscribe to, but I enjoyed the theory nonetheless. I think all of us are sweating bullets all the time. Society’s a joke right now, and people are getting more and more hostile. When you think about having an evil twin or schizophrenia, I think a lot of us are schizo, because we live inside our heads. There’s someone we all confer with; it’s called our conscience. Some people cannot control their other side; it takes them over. Everybody has that psychotic side. Everyone has a thing that will make them snap."

According to Dave:

"I wrote that about myself. It was pointed out to me that I’m kind of schizophrenic and that I live inside my head. Which is something I don’t subscribe to, but I enjoyed the theory nonetheless. I think all of us are sweating bullets all the time. Society’s a joke right now, and people are getting more and more hostile. When you think about having an evil twin or schizophrenia, I think a lot of us are schizo, because we live inside our heads. There’s someone we all confer with; it’s called our conscience. Some people cannot control their other side; it takes them over. Everybody has that psychotic side. Everyone has a thing that will make them snap."
Ah, good. I was slightly worried about whether it was about (what was earlier called) MPD. The song's a lot more fun to listen to when framed as being about parts of oneself instead of MPD.

I might write a bit more about all this in the Mental Health thread later.

Guys, please recommend me best Hogarth era Marillion albums. Which are considered the best. (I like Fish era Marillion a lot)

Last edited:
Guys, please recommend me best Hogarth era Marillion albums. Which are considered the best. (I like Fish era Marillion a lot)
I love Hogarth era but as a new Marillion fan not knowledge enough to recommend specific material yet; hopefully a member who has been fan longer can make recommendations for you

Housecleaning while maxing Maiden playlist on my Ipod.

(there's an oxymoronic irony in there somewhere, I just can't quite put my finger on it.)

Back