NOW PLAYING

Dio weekend, streaming full albums with this order. The holy 5. Currently playing Mob Rules album (Sign of the Southern Cross now) Long Live R'n'R & Holy Diver albums are next. Some top of the line musicians in those albums featuring Richie Blackmore, Tony Iommy, Geezer Butler, Vinny Appice, Cozy Powell, Bill Ward, Tony Carey, Vivian Campbell, Jimmy Bain.

And not to forget that the first 4 who outlined the sound of Classic Metal were produced by Martin Birch. Mob Rules were one of the last albums produced by Birch -other being MSG's Assault Attack- before he turned to an exclusive Iron Maiden producer by 1983.

cover-1024x1017.jpg rising.jpg 44079-mob-rules-black-sabbath.jpg Rainbow Long Live Rock N Roll.jpg fc8d9713-30f3-4640-a3a4-8205b7e23ba6.jpg

View attachment 27192

Artist: Elegant Weapons
Album Title: Horns for a Halo
Release Date: 2023 (Album No. 51)
Style: Hard Rock
After a few listens, I'm not a fan of the album. I probably expected more. The most I enjoyed Richie's riffs and playing, ofc. The best song is ''Do Or Die''. I also like the first single, the ballad ''Ghost Of You'' and maybe ''White Horse''. Some of the songs (the last 2) have Rainbow vibes but in a slightly heavier style and some have Black Sabbath vibes (title track). Some of the riffs, solos and melodies remind me of Richie's solos/riffs in Firepower. The opening song features part of his Guitar Solo live with Priest melody. The songs sound the same.

Richie's favortie songs are the title track, ''Ghost Of You'', ''White Horse'' and ''Dead Man Walking''.

Btw, Adrian and Richie Kotzen will like the style of this album.

Last edited:
Dio weekend, streaming full albums with this order. The holy 5. Currently playing Mob Rules album (Sign of the Southern Cross now) Long Live R'n'R & Holy Diver albums are next. Some top of the line musicians in those albums featuring Richie Blackmore, Tony Iommy, Geezer Butler, Vinny Appice, Cozy Powell, Bill Ward, Tony Carey, Vivian Campbell, Jimmy Bain.

And not to forget that the first 4 who outlined the sound of Classic Metal were produced by Martin Birch. Mob Rules were one of the last albums produced by Birch -other being MSG's Assault Attack- before he turned to an exclusive Iron Maiden producer by 1983.

View attachment 27237 View attachment 27238 View attachment 27239 View attachment 27240 View attachment 27241
There's a video interview out there (I think it belongs to 1993 because he also talks about grunge) in the tour bus where Dio rates all the albums in which he sings. click here
Rising rated as good but his favorite is the first one with Rainbow

After a few listens, I'm not a fan of the album. I probably expected more. The most I enjoyed Richie's riffs and playing, ofc. The best song is ''Do Or Die''. I also like the first single, the ballad ''Ghost Of You'' and maybe ''White Horse''. Some of the songs (the last 2) have Rainbow vibes but in a slightly heavier style and some have Black Sabbath vibes (title track). Some of the riffs, solos and melodies remind me of Richie's solos/riffs in Firepower. The opening song features part of his Guitar Solo live with Priest melody.

Richie's favortie songs are the title track, ''Ghost Of You'', ''White Horse'' and ''Dead Man Walking''.

Btw, Adrian and Richie Kotzen will like the style of this album.
Yeah me too. I think the failure is Ronnie Romero vocals. He always sings the same and very dramatic.

There's a video interview out there (I think it belongs to 1993 because he also talks about grunge) in the tour bus where Dio rates all the albums in which he sings. click here
Rising rated as good but his favorite is the first one with Rainbow

Actually he said for side b that's a piece of shit!! Wow. One of the best sides ever for the rest of the world :D
Anyway great interview thanks!

Listening for the second time this album now. More on the jazz thread.

6.jpeg

Back