NOW PLAYING

TheDarkness-albums-PermissionToLand.jpg

Long driving trip today I listened various things but in the end, I played those albums in this order:

4018_150.jpg 44079-mob-rules-black-sabbath.jpg cover-1024x1017.jpg

It was the first time ever I listened really carefully The Devil You Know and I was jaw dropped, I instantly declared this the best Dio Sabbath album and envisioned the moment that I will post it here, as someone who discovers America in 2023.

Then, since I had some more road to do, I played Mob Rules, for first time for start to finish more than 30 years. I was stunned by the way it ended, having thoughts that Over and Over is Sabbath's Since I've been Loving You. At the time that the album ended I was sure that Mob Rules is better than Heaven and Hell and since there was at least 40 minutes to do, I put Heaven and Hell to play.

Just as Mob Rules, I haven't listened to this album start to finish since early 90s and the only songs I remembered were the 1st, 2nd and of course 4th. Huge jaw drop! I remembered why many hail it as the best Sabbath /Dio or even best Sabbath ever.

Final result is that I'm not sure which I liked best. The Devil You Know is very heavy and even if lacks the classic hit it's very consistent in its heaviness.
Mob Rules has some not so low lows and some very high highs and the way it ends (last two) is absolutely remarkable and leaves you a great feeling. Heaven and Hell clearly there's no bad song, actually everything is super good, it just leaves you with very sad feeling that it ended hahah.

So for today Heaven and Hell > The Devil You Know > Mob Rules but all three are very high, easily Top 10 Sabbath albums each one of them.

Long driving trip today I listened various things but in the end, I played those albums in this order:

View attachment 27166 View attachment 27167 View attachment 27168

It was the first time ever I listened really carefully The Devil You Know and I was jaw dropped, I instantly declared this the best Dio Sabbath album and envisioned the moment that I will post it here, as someone who discovers America in 2023.

Then, since I had some more road to do, I played Mob Rules, for first time for start to finish more than 30 years. I was stunned by the way it ended, having thoughts that Over and Over is Sabbath's Since I've been Loving You. At the time that the album ended I was sure that Mob Rules is better than Heaven and Hell and since there was at least 40 minutes to do, I put Heaven and Hell to play.

Just as Mob Rules, I haven't listened to this album start to finish since early 90s and the only songs I remembered were the 1st, 2nd and of course 4th. Huge jaw drop! I remembered why many hail it as the best Sabbath /Dio or even best Sabbath ever.

Final result is that I'm not sure which I liked best. The Devil You Know is very heavy and even if lacks the classic hit it's very consistent in its heaviness.
Mob Rules has some not so low lows and some very high highs and the way it ends (last two) is absolutely remarkable and leaves you a great feeling. Heaven and Hell clearly there's no bad song, actually everything is super good, it just leaves you with very sad feeling that it ended hahah.

So for today Heaven and Hell > The Devil You Know > Mob Rules but all three are very high, easily Top 10 Sabbath albums each one of them.
I like all three of those, but Dehumanizer is my personal favorite Dio-era album. I think that one goes under the radar quite often, although my Dio-favoring friends also think it's one of Sabbath's best.

Back