NOW PLAYING

Also that real interview bit they have with serial killer Arthur Shawcross as an intro to one of the songs...

Yeah, but when you see two corpses performing cunnilingus right on the freakin' cover do you really need to have any sort of advisory sticker?

NP:
809.jpg

I've always wondered - and I'm honestly curious, not trying to be a dick or anything - why is everybody so crazy about Slayer when Kreator did almost everything much better. They are/were no less brutal, they had better riffs, more tolerable singer and they were most of all much more consistent throughout their career. (Is it just because of Lombardo?) In the brutal thrash subgenre they really have no equal - Sodom and Destruction were inconsistent af, Sepultura left the genre very soon, Morbid Saint only released, like, one album, so did Slaughter (or did they release anything after Strappado?) and Slayer have King, Repentless, GHUA and Diabolus... I guess you might say early Dark Angel, with the added bonus of being fast as fuck.
But still, somewhere the "SLAYEEEER" preference must have started and I would really like to know where and how.

I've always wondered - and I'm honestly curious, not trying to be a dick or anything - why is everybody so crazy about Slayer when Kreator did almost everything much better. They are/were no less brutal, they had better riffs, more tolerable singer and they were most of all much more consistent throughout their career. (Is it just because of Lombardo?) In the brutal thrash subgenre they really have no equal - Sodom and Destruction were inconsistent af, Sepultura left the genre very soon, Morbid Saint only released, like, one album, so did Slaughter (or did they release anything after Strappado?) and Slayer have King, Repentless, GHUA and Diabolus... I guess you might say early Dark Angel, with the added bonus of being fast as fuck.
But still, somewhere the "SLAYEEEER" preference must have started and I would really like to know where and how.

I'm not really sure I understand the need for comparison between the two. However if I should try and answer your question that seems to be; "Why Slayer and not Kreator" I would say time and location are two pretty big factors. Slayer put out material earlier and in a more thriving scene in Southern California (and not Essen, Germany). By the time Kreator came out with their debut album, Slayer had already done big tours with Venom and other bands. When Kreator put out their masterpiece in 1986 (Pleasure To Kill) Slayer were already doing Reign in Blood....

Also, disagree that there is no equal in the brutal thrash subgenre and that goes for both Kreator and Slayer :D

Returning to Cannibal Corpse. For some reason this has always been a favourite of mine. A song that doesn't deal in the too gory stuff but instead seems to paint a picture, tells a story....about war, genocide, cruelties...

I am lost and sickened
Disoriented by this bleak environment
How I came to be here escapes my memory
This is a desert, deep scarlet grains
Stretch the horizon and the sickly brown sky
Gale force winds pepper my face
The sand tastes foul,
the sand tastes like blood

Savagely cruel, barren expanse, the atmosphere,
a caustic fog
Every breath reminds me of pain
Dust of dried blood filling my lungs