NOW PLAYING

Heh

I remember those 17 years ago when this was a single and I was a a radio DJ, this was one of the songs we played (we didn't pick every song, we picked a lot of them and we had quite a free hand with that, but there was a background pool of songs, pre-picked by the dramaturge - especially new singles from genres and bands the main DJs didn't follow) and since then, it has been popping into my head from time to time as an earworm, but I never remembered the name nor the band and it always bugged me I can't identify it. Now I found it.

The band that introduced me (thanks to my dad) to hard rocking guitar music in the early 80s!

eantcd41093_1.jpg

Bush - Come Together (Beatles cover live)

They played this last night and EVERYONE was singing along (this footage is from few months ago)

Wow, I really like this song! Does the band have any other good records?

They do! Their latest album, Leize from 2021 is superb if you want to check them out.

Leize are a heavy rock band from the Basque Country (Spanish side). They started singing in Basque in the early 80s, but soon switched to Spanish.

This new song is a homage to their early days when they were singing songs in their mother tongue. It will be part of a new album released later this year to celebrate their 40th anniversary.

Here you can find links to their studio album:

Devorando las Calles (1988)

Buscando Mirando (1989)

Acosándome (1991)

Loca Pasión (1993)

Todo por el Suelo (1995)

After a long hiatus (Felix Lasa, singer and guitar player, decided to stop so he could spend time with his young family), they reformed in 2007 and have since released the following albums:

Sólo para ti (2008)

Cuando te muerden (2015)

Deriva (2019)

Leize (2021)

Last edited:
Back