NOW PLAYING

It can legally drink now in the USA! :lol:

A licence for long guns including assault weapons would have been available 3 years earlier, which is shocking. :mad:
It must be terrible a close encounter with the wolf and the baby in the everglades, drunk or not LOL

Why any journalist asked Steve or any member of the band about the decision to use the unfinished art cover by the artist ?

Rainb.jpg

When I first heard this album back in secondary school, some twenty years ago (and I still remember precisely where and when), I was immediately convinced this was the greatest (hard) rock album ever. Twenty years later and having heard hundreds, if not thousands rock and metal albums in the meantime, my sentiments are still exactly the same.

I don't care he's been profaning medieval music and folk in something as blatantly shallow and commercial as Blackmore's Night, Blackmore's legacy is such that he's absolutely untouchable.

Why any journalist asked Steve or any member of the band about the decision to use the unfinished art cover by the artist ?
Steve said in the documentary that he liked the strange vibe, Bruce said in his book that he didn't like it at all. Maiden should have remastered it by now (plus some new arts in the booklet, new Rainmaker art for example... the two single videos could be an inspiration), for an anniv and/or with some leftover bonus stuff. But that's not Maiden's thing. To use an unfinished art is wild (especially for Maiden), but the idea would have been better only if it was a drawing. The background should have been inside a castle with the same dominant red color, to make it more impactful.

DOD is an important album for the band: it allowed them to experiment a bit more before finding their preferred Reunion approach with the next album. Some longer intros, but the album has a great balance between the songs. Even the more rock songs like Age, New Frontier or Wildest Dreams - fun, energetic, authentic, melodic, even melancholic. The latter is a great live song, New Frontier sounds like a typical Bruce/Adrian rocker (with a bit of a different feel ofc), Age is like stepping into the new Maiden sound but heavier, while Wildest Dreams has an old school riff and the chorus and the whole song is like Back In The Village, in a way. That's why such songs would never be filler in most cases. The album is full of melodies, vocal ones too (which is awesome) and I think it's underrated. DOD is very much like FOTD imo.
another balls-to-the-wall question to Steve would be Why you didn't speak about Senjutsu album and songs since the album was released man?
Yes. There are quite a few curious questions to be asked. Why the chorus of Hell On Earth isn't repeated? This will always annoy me!
View attachment 38770

When I first heard this album back in secondary school, some twenty years ago (and I still remember precisely where and when), I was immediately convinced this was the greatest (hard) rock album ever. Twenty years later and having heard hundreds, if not thousands rock and metal albums in the meantime, my sentiments are still exactly the same. Blackmore's legacy is such that he's absolutely untouchable.
Rainbow's debut is one of those albums with a special (medieval) charm and feel. A product of its time that will remain special forever.

Back