NOW PLAYING

Some songs work better than others, but I prefer the covers they included on their earlier albums.

I particularly like the Waits cover, it's strangely fitting.

Also, since you talk about Ramones and covers... If you asked me beforehand what Anthrax covering Joe Jackson might remind me of, Ramones would definitely not be my guess, but here we go

(aka "Chicken in my head")

I know, I know, I know. But I'm a tad drubl and this is my guilty pleasure. The melody, the atmosphere, the video, to a degree... it's just slightly a bit more than what I usually expect from fucking Blink 182. Kinda... emotional (and don't go quoting Vinnie Jones on me)

In fact, this is like, one of about only two songs by the band I find mostly palatable
(the other is the even guiltier of pleasures She's Out of Her Mind - it's just well-written trashy pop-punk, is all)

And again, never would have thought I'd be gushing about any post-Uli song this much, but this is just ... wow. WOW.

@KidInTheDark666 I agree that this is the paragon of cool. Having this in mind

Being from a former Eastern bloc, I get a visceral reaction towards Winds of Change, Send Me an Angel, You and I and, to a degree, Hurricane, because I have it coded and infused as this cringy crap for housewives that is being called "now that's the proper big-beat!!!" by old geezers who feel Uriah Heep and Omega are the best stuff ever. But I realise that's just me, no offence meant.

I wouldn't expect myself to say that about a Scorpions song in general, but yes, this is such a fucking cool song, indeed.

I really miss bands having fun nowadays. Where are the piss-takes and weird covers? Sammett doing Dancing with Tears in My Eyes is another. I just can't help but feel crushed that the 00s era of power metal is gone. I just never had so much fun and never felt so much nostalgia towards anything else, really.

(P. S. I don't even care that it is a re-hash of Bonnie Tyler's If You Were a Woman and/or Bon Jovi's You Give Love a Bad Name - if anything, that makes it better, actually)

5th best metallica album imo

Have you sent your list to @Mosh for the Metallica album ranking game? I'm genuinely looking forward to lists that are going to go against the "universal popular opinion" and in general - the more the merrier.

NP:

From the Opeth reddit:

1725080618366.png

Dunno, maybe, if, then I'm going to be really happy, probably as much as possible with Newpeth.

Back