NOW PLAYING

Hooks in You

Suddenly it became one of my favorites from No Prayer album. I love guitar work.
Guitar work yes (very melodic, like in the whole album) and it's fun, but it's probably the weakest song on the album. The chorus is a letdown. One might say the choruses of Assassin, Holy Smoke and Fates Warning, but nope imo.

Guitar work yes (very melodic, like in the whole album) and it's fun, but it's probably the weakest song on the album. The chorus is a letdown. One might say the choruses of Assassin, Holy Smoke and Fates Warning, but nope imo.
Before, I regarded this song as a filler, bu now my opinion changed greatly. It's very very good.
Now I'm listening to Childhood's End. Man... I'd wish Maiden played this forgotten and buried gem on their last tour. It's not long song, it's fast, melodic and to the point. It's simply GREAT.

Last edited:
1724832536464.png

Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul (2008)

And so it ends; I have now listened to all of our Oasis studio albums. Thankfully there were only 7! :D

Joking aside, some good songs here and there but I still think they are massively overrated. Happy about their reunion for their fans though. They'll always have to be grateful to Noel Gallagher's £20 million divorce settlement. :lol:

Before, I regarded this song as a filler, bu now my opinion changed greatly. It's very very good.
It's cool when an opinion of a certain song changes over time, I think that shows Maiden's quality.
IIRC, they wanted to use it as a single (maybe instead of the video for ''Tailgunner''), but it feels like a filler considering the other songs (I think I even like ''Public Enema Number One'' more wow, which uses the same formula) and because it was co-written by Adrian and it was only the second album back then to contain more than 8 songs.
I've always thought that the main problem with some of the 90's songs is - not so good choruses and overall shorter material.
Now I'm listening to Childhood's End. Man... I'd wish Maiden played this forgotten and buried gem on their last tour. It's not long song, it's fast, melodic and to the point. It's simply GREAT.
''Childhood's End'' is a real gem, one of my favorite deep cuts. Unique song/structure and I love the guitar harmonies (miss them).
I feel the melodies/harmonies on these 2 early 90's albums are underrated. I think they didn't play it live because of the specific chorus. And what to say about ''Judas Be My Guide''!? FOTD will always be a return to form album for me and with some exceptions (not many), underrated song ideas big time. Guitar work is fire.

5301e899-9086-4ecb-8cf9-965c4c46d7b0_text-gif.973304

1, 2, 3, 4!!!

1724837064653.png

Ramones - Ramones (1976)

As I get older and softer, I'm almost willing to come around on Slayer

View attachment 38473

Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul (2008)

And so it ends; I have now listened to all of our Oasis studio albums. Thankfully there were only 7! :D

Joking aside, some good songs here and there but I still think they are massively overrated. Happy about their reunion for their fans though. They'll always have to be grateful to Noel Gallagher's £20 million divorce settlement. :lol:
I used to own Definitely Maybe and What´s The Story when they were brand new and also liked the B'sides album with The Masterplan. They have some good songs (Whatever is a classic)

1, 2, 3, 4!

1724845345722.png

Ramones - It's Alive (1979)

Released after their 4th studio album although it was recorded on the tour of their 3rd album, this is arguably one of the greatest live albums of all time.

Back