NOW PLAYING

The fact this song hasn't been played since 2010 remains Iron Maiden's biggest crime.
Brutally good song. This can be said for a few songs: To Tame A Land, Infinite Dreams, Sea Of Madness.

And my personal preferences: Still Life, Long Distance Runner, No Prayer For The Dying, Be Quick Or Be Dead, Wasting Love, Killers, Ghost Of The Navigator, Dream Of Mirrors, Out Of The Silent Planet (it wasn't their original choice for a 2nd single from the album, so maybe that's the reason), Brave New World, Rainmaker, Paschendale, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (it's not an easy song), Lord Of Light.

From the never played live songs: The Duellists, Deja-Vu, Only The Good Die Young, Judas Be My Guide, Judgement Of Heaven, The Thin Line (although I understand why), Montségur, The Alchemist, Isle Of Avalon, Starblind, Empire Of The Clouds (we know the reason) and I don't want to add a certain song from SJ.

Love this album. The progression of this song is a good example of why — driving verses with cool rhythmic choices on the guitar leading into a nice melodic solo and a less aggressive bridge, then blossoming into a showcase for Daniel Heiman’s amazing pipes, and a stunning multi-part guitar interlude leading into a cool percussive outro. Also some nice lyrical and musical callbacks to the beginning of the album which make sense for the story.

I love even Oldfield's 80s pop songs (yep, even stuff like Innocent or those mostly unknown songs from the second side of Islands), because I love the bloke and these songs of his have rather subtle hooks that are hard to overplay and most of all it all feels very nostalgic to me.

But this particular version might be my new go-to feel-good song. I don't know what it is, but the fact BG have covered this one fulls me with strange, inexplicable joy. I don't usually like these covers (Sammett doing Dancing with Tears in My Eyes is ... weird), but this one works for me.

I know we can't post these covers in the metal song cup and you lot would probably vote it out immediately anyways, but I really need something to make me joyful today.

I love even Oldfield's 80s pop songs (yep, even stuff like Innocent or those mostly unknown songs from the second side of Islands), because I love the bloke and these songs of his have rather subtle hooks that are hard to overplay and most of all it all feels very nostalgic to me.

But this particular version might be my new go-to feel-good song. I don't know what it is, but the fact BG have covered this one fulls me with strange, inexplicable joy. I don't usually like these covers (Sammett doing Dancing with Tears in My Eyes is ... weird), but this one works for me.

I know we can't post these covers in the metal song cup and you lot would probably vote it out immediately anyways, but I really need something to make me joyful today.

To France is much better than loads of songs! Not a big fan of the Blind Guardian cover but the original is a classic. :)

316x316bb.webp

1x1.gif
316x316bb.webp

Two cracking EPs with songs recorded live in 2011.

Revisiting these great live EPs.

Back