NOW PLAYING

Testament_-_The_Formation_of_Damnation.jpg

Bruce Dickinson - Book Of Thel

One of his best solos songs! Such an epic! Brilliant intro with the melody, monster riff, great verses, even better pre-chorus and awesome memorable chorus. I love the breakdown riff before Adrian's brutally good Egyptian solo. The ''oh-oh'' part fits perfectly, Roy's solo and the drum part after it too. The melody under the different chorus at the end is another great idea. Such an outro is needed for such a journey of a song. Perfect composition! :rocker:

Would've preferred him performing this with his brother Noel on lead guitar along with Tony McCarroll on drums, Paul "Guigsy" McGuigan on bass and Paul "Bonehead" Arthurs on rhythm guitar. Oh well. Like this anyway. Liam's voice is back!:)

Last edited:
Psycho Motel - Welcome To The World (album)

Their style is not my cup of tea, but I have to admit it's a cool album and I enjoy most of the songs. I wish some of Adrian's solos were longer.
The Last Chain - nice song with a good chorus/pre-chorus and not a bad solo.
A Quarter To Heaven - good song with an even better solo from Adrian.
Rain - filler with a good riff, typical solo for Adrian.
Believe - one of the best songs in the album, great verses, good chorus/pre-chorus and great melodic solo that reminds me a bit of Janick and Dave.
With You Again - great song (verses, chorus, vibe) with a classic Adrian and Dave solos and twin-lead harmony.
Into The Black - filler with a very good (but short) solo.
Underground - cool song with a catchy chorus and good melodic solo.
Welcome To The World - cool breakdown, riff and solo, but that's it.
Something Real - filler with a good riff, drumming and chaotic solo (something atypical for Adrian). I wish Adrian used the melodic riff around 2:23 for Maiden.
No Loss To Me - great song, especially the verses, pre-chorus and riff. Classic Maiden harmony and solo from Adrian. Again, I wish he used it for a Maiden song.
Innocence - average ballad.
I'm Alive - nice riff, the solo is not bad, but that's it.
Hypocrisy - cool groovy song with a good riff. Adrian with a proggy solo!

I wonder if he recorded this album before Accident Of Birth?

It's better than their debut album. Good songs from it are: Money To Burn, City Of Light, Western Shore, Psycho Motel, (Can't) Wait. As for solos: Money To Burn, Time Is A Hunter, Psycho Motel.

I like his other projects more (Urchin, A.S.A.P. The Untouchables and... Smith/Kotzen).

Nice! Underrated song from him for sure. Most of this album is really, it seems like Deadhead is stealing all the praise from the other songs...

Devin Townsend Project - Addicted
Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction. I'm pretty comfortable with calling this my #1 album.

Psycho Motel - Welcome To The World (album)

Their style is not my cup of tea, but I have to admit it's a cool album and I enjoy most of the songs. I wish some of Adrian's solos were longer.
The Last Chain - nice song with a good chorus/pre-chorus and not a bad solo.
A Quarter To Heaven - good song with an even better solo from Adrian.
Rain - filler with a good riff, typical solo for Adrian.
Believe - one of the best songs in the album, great verses, good chorus/pre-chorus and great melodic solo that reminds me a bit of Janick and Dave.
With You Again - great song (verses, chorus, vibe) with a classic Adrian and Dave solos and twin-lead harmony.
Into The Black - filler with a very good (but short) solo.
Underground - cool song with a catchy chorus and good melodic solo.
Welcome To The World - cool breakdown, riff and solo, but that's it.
Something Real - filler with a good riff, drumming and chaotic solo (something atypical for Adrian). I wish Adrian used the melodic riff around 2:23 for Maiden.
No Loss To Me - great song, especially the verses, pre-chorus and riff. Classic Maiden harmony and solo from Adrian. Again, I wish he used it for a Maiden song.
Innocence - average ballad.
I'm Alive - nice riff, the solo is not bad, but that's it.
Hypocrisy - cool groovy song with a good riff. Adrian with a proggy solo!

I wonder if he recorded this album before Accident Of Birth?

It's better than their debut album. Good songs from it are: Money To Burn, City Of Light, Western Shore, Psycho Motel, (Can't) Wait. As for solos: Money To Burn, Time Is A Hunter, Psycho Motel.

I like his other projects more (Urchin, A.S.A.P. The Untouchables and... Smith/Kotzen).

Welcome to the World is a great album. My second favourite from Adrian, right after Primal Rock Rebellion.

Reactions: Jer
Back