NOW PLAYING

Slayer day today, played from all of their albums on Apple Music. I noticed that when you press the tag for lyrics it's noted who is doing which solo.

In. Real. Time.

Slayer -Angel of Death -5 alternating solos are indicated in real time, as you listen them! :yes: @Jer
IMG_8005.PNG

Iron Maiden -The Parchment -6 solos and 3 guitarists. No indication of solos whatsoever, except the 3 dots to indicate a music passage.

IMG_8016.PNG

Coming back to Slayer, I listened for first time Diabolus in Musica from start to end. Really really liked it. They sound so different in this one.
Apparently Kerry King has different opinion:

That's the one record that I really paid not enough attention to because I was really bitter about what kind of music was popular. I thought it was, was very frat boy stuff, and maybe that's why it was popular, I don't know. So Diabolus didn't get as much attention from me because, you know, we didn't stay in focus. Looking back we were just saying, "alright, how do we make Slayer fit into today's society?" But, that's probably my least favorite record of our history. That's our Turbo [laughs].[29]

Slayer-DiabolusInMusica.jpg

Slayer day today, played from all of their albums on Apple Music. I noticed that when you press the tag for lyrics it's noted who is doing which solo.

In. Real. Time.

Slayer -Angel of Death -5 alternating solos are indicated in real time, as you listen them! :yes: @Jer
View attachment 23295

Iron Maiden -The Parchment -6 solos and 3 guitarists. No indication of solos whatsoever, except the 3 dots to indicate a music passage.

View attachment 23296

Coming back to Slayer, I listened for first time Diabolus in Musica from start to end. Really really liked it. They sound so different in this one.
Apparently Kerry King has different opinion:

That's the one record that I really paid not enough attention to because I was really bitter about what kind of music was popular. I thought it was, was very frat boy stuff, and maybe that's why it was popular, I don't know. So Diabolus didn't get as much attention from me because, you know, we didn't stay in focus. Looking back we were just saying, "alright, how do we make Slayer fit into today's society?" But, that's probably my least favorite record of our history. That's our Turbo [laughs].[29]

View attachment 23297
I wish Amazon Music would list lead credits like that!

NP:
Kreator- Enemy of God

Ni00NTYxLmpwZWc.jpeg

Makes sense. Definitely that's why. I don't remember that at all.

@terrell39 what about lyrics appearing real time, does Amazon Music offer that?
Yes but if it is a long song broken up into different chapters or segments (like a side long song), it won't show on x ray lyrics that you have gone from 1 section to the next.

long song broken up into different chapters or segments

Apple Music does that with the three dots for instrumental sections or solos, but what about titles like LP long titles Tull's Thick as a Brick or Manowar's Achilles in 8 parts? Let's find out:

Interesting. When you go through quickly, there' nothing, you cannot tell when a part ends and another starts, for both samples. Not even dots between them.
But when you actually listen to the song, the three dots appear indicating a change of section.

thick.PNG

NP: Jethro Tull -Thick as a Brick. One of the absolute masterpieces of Classic Rock and a top5 album all genres included.

The Poet and the Painter
Casting shadows on the water
As the sun plays on the infantry
Returning from the sea
The do-er and the thinker
No allowance for the other
As the failing light illuminates
The mercenary′s creed
The home fire burning
The kettle almost boiling
But the master of the house Is far away
The horses stamping