NOW PLAYING

Trivium - In Waves

And also Caligula's Horse - Moments from Ephemeral City. I still think it has some problems, but it's been earworming me and I like it more with each listen. Equally Flawed is awesome!

Not very impressed. I'll give this one a generous 6.5/10. The 3 previuous albums were quite good.

1665262262306-png.22790
Yeah, the three albums before this one were the highlights. Slang has some good stuff, and Euphoria has 2 great songs on it, but aside from a strong track here and there it’s mostly a wasteland after Hysteria.

Yeah, the three albums before this one were the highlights. Slang has some good stuff, and Euphoria has 2 great songs on it, but aside from a strong track here and there it’s mostly a wasteland after Hysteria.
I think I'll listen to the rest of their catalog just to fill the lower end of my album rating file some more.

• Haha
Reactions: Jer
I somehow missed this post. What did you think of the album?
Surprised me a lot for good. I think they made a good fresh metal album for everyone, fans , not fans and for themselves without that guitar virtuosism . Vocals are more normal than at the beginning. I’ve never been a fan of this band for the reasons I said and for the double bass drums. But It looks they’ve evolved for good. I really liked it.

Surprised me a lot for good. I think they made a good fresh metal album for everyone, fans , not fans and for themselves without that guitar virtuosism . Vocals are more normal than at the beginning. I’ve never been a fan of this band for the reasons I said and for the double bass drums. But It looks they’ve evolved for good. I really liked it.
Cool, I think you'd like the rest of their catalog from 2009 onwards too. The guitar wankery has been absent for the most part since Tolkki left, and it has been replaced by heavier tones and more proggy elements.

Back