NOW PLAYING

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jan 13 2006, 07:37 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jan 13 2006, 07:37 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]...With myself.
[snapback]126893[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You know... I was going to put that when I first posted on this thread. But then I thought that it wasn't really appropriate. Then I relized someone else would put it for me.

Yesterday I was going through a demo disc that came with SC3 and I stumbled upon a little game called We [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Katamari. The opening video of the game made me think WTF is this. So then I played it 13 times. I don't know where the hell this game came from, but it is funnest game I've played in a long time (and this is a demo). I am going to pick up this game as soon as I get off tomorrow!

Now Playing:
"Gaelic Games 2005, Football"
I won't even bother explaining this one because probably only about 2 or 3 of you have heard of it. It's an Irish sport with a tiny target audience so the game is pretty crap and badly produced. meh...

I recently bought
DARWINIA - retro stlyed game but the concept is really good.
and
Civilisation 4 - I think they have got it right this time. Every concept is done well, there actually nothing that anoyes me about it

Has anyone round here heard of Pure Pwnage?

[!--QuoteBegin-Atvarussmak+Jan 23 2006, 09:47 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Atvarussmak @ Jan 23 2006, 09:47 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Has anyone round here heard of Pure Pwnage?
[snapback]127515[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Yes. I think it can be pretty funny, especially FPS Doug, but it gets old quick.

I played the Darwinia demo, but it didn't really catch on. Too bad, as it seemed to be a great idea, especially the concept of making a 3D game with no textures, yet still pretty good-looking graphics. Reminded me of [a href=\'http://www.theprodukkt.com/kkrieger.html#dload\' target=\'_blank\']kkrieger[/a], the 96k game project. Awesome stuff.

I keep playing Mario Kart 64, F Zero X and Super Smash Bros on a laptop at university with two friends of mine in the extremely boring lectures [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

So I got We [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Katamari and I wish I could just roll up every thing in real life. It is just so fun. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Soul Calibur 3 is fantastic!

But, alas, it is not the game I last played. That would be Dawn Of War: Winter Assault. Which is also rather fantastic.

we love katmari looks to be one of the best games around...if only my boring european shops had it...

Now playing: Sid Meier's Colonization. That's right, Colonization. From 1995. What a sweet game.

I just finished Mega Man Zero 4 then I decided to start the serie over again. It's really the best Mega Man serie. While X 1 and X 2 were great the last 4 were not ...

For those wondering why Zero 4, Zero is the name of the main character of that serie and a secondary character in the X serie.

[!--QuoteBegin-Battlemaniacs+Jan 26 2006, 07:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Battlemaniacs @ Jan 26 2006, 07:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I just finished Mega Man Zero 4 then I decided to start the serie over again. It's really the best Mega Man serie. While X 1 and X 2 were great the last 4 were not ...

For those wondering why Zero 4, Zero is the name of the main character of that serie and a secondary character in the X serie.
[snapback]127817[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I don't know but the X have more great ones. X 3 was getting too hard, X 4 was nice too actually. After that I don't know but Command Mission looks nice. As for the part I did from X 8 it was pretty crap.

I don't like the Zero series actually, I'd prefer the Battle Network ones although after 1 and 2 it was getting too commercial with the cartoon and it was getting boring to do al the same things over and over again that I stopped playing them.

Just completed Perfect Dark Zero... bloody hell... two games in two days... I need to get out more [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Bunkle+Jan 26 2006, 08:51 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Bunkle @ Jan 26 2006, 08:51 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I don't know but the X have more great ones. X 3 was getting too hard, X 4 was nice too actually. After that I don't know but Command Mission looks nice. As for the part I did from X 8 it was pretty crap.

I don't like the Zero series actually, I'd prefer the Battle Network ones although after 1 and 2 it was getting too commercial with the cartoon and it was getting boring to do al the same things over and over again that I stopped playing them.
[snapback]127830[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well, X3 is nice and all but compared to the first 2, it's a step down. The bosses are kinda lame and too easy to defeat once you've acquired the right weapon to use. Talking about weapons, I found them to be as uninspired as the bosses.

When Mega Man X went over to the playstation, the game lost a little something that made it.... err.... what it was. I can't quite put my finger on it but, to me, it just doesn't feel the same.

As for X8, I didn't played it but I thought they were only at X7 right now but I'm might be wrong about that.

Battle Network 3 is the best of the serie, you should try it out. On the other hand, the fourth is really crappy as it has no story whatsoever... And the 5 introduced new(good) idea but it feel like I've already played it before...

ah I do miss that game- one of the few perfect party games on the PS2. TimeSplitters3 was pretty amazing, but the multiplayer couldnt stand up to TS2.

I'm playing a game called Red Ace Squadron now. It's pretty fun although it doesn't mean anything in terms of... well, pure quality. It sure gets hard at a certain part where you have to fight about 30 planes while bombing stuff with your Fokker Triplane.

Now Playing = Quake III and team arena. Its fun as always, but i forgot how tough it is to play well. Still it stands up to modern shooters.

Back