Now Playing (Video Games)

Call me old school, but my love for the old classics keeps pulling me back. I wrote a book a few years ago- an illustrated guide to take the old NES, tear it apart, clean and repair it, and disable the lock-out chip that caused that annoying blinking light (also makes the unlicensed and other region games work). Now and then I just have to pick up an old system and tear it to pieces, then have the motherboard and all its wires strewn about on the floor, still hooked up to the TV - it plays just great like that!

Trying my hand at the original Double Dragon II currently. Its harder than I remembered...

I'm currently playing two online games, Worms Clan Wars and World Of Warships.
Warships started recently, currently playing with Wyoming-class BB. Worms I played since they've came out couple of years ago and I'm one of the best players (there are only 3 of 4 more people on my skill level) you'll cross bazookas with on Steam.

I enjoy WoWS but I rarely play anymore - my friends who I play with are scarcely online. I go out for a spin in my Warspite every now and then, though.

I have decided to exhume GTA Vice City, San Andreas and 3 and play them chronologically (86-92-01) in the next few weeks - trying to achieve 100 % completion. Right now I'm nearing killing Diaz in VC, with already over 50 hidden packages collected and over 12 jumps made. It feels weird, since I haven't played it seriously since high school. :D

After that's finished, I should finally make some progress in Syberia (I have stopped at the university and - not knowing what to do next - haven't progressed since September, I believe).

I have a lot of time for playing now... Recently I dug out Worms World Party and enjoy the hell out of it. :p I spend a lot of time in Jedi Academy too... It's so much fun, I can't help coming back.

Besides that, I'm continuing my The Witcher replay marathon. Just started 2. Playing 1 again after years was an extremely nostalgic experience - I felt bummed when I finished it in January. ;)

I enjoy WoWS but I rarely play anymore - my friends who I play with are scarcely online. I go out for a spin in my Warspite every now and then, though.

Really enjoying it currently, but there's a lot, a lot of grind ahead to reach higher (late interwar / ww2 period) tiers. If you don't want to pay. And I don't.
I hope they're developing USSR / Germany tech trees in the future. Currently USSR only destroyers and Germany only cruisers. Although neither excelled at capital ships, the game is not fully realistic, e.g. there are ships in the game that never left design board in real life.

Honestly.. Black Ops 3.

I think it's pretty fun. Best in the series since Black Ops 1.

If you don't want to pay. And I don't.
I'll pay for a game that I enjoy. If I get into a period where I am playing fairly regularly, I'll buy a month of premium. That's worth it to me. And I have picked up one premium ship, because...Warspite. But yeah, in general, I am the same.

Germany they are definitely doing capital ships at some point.

Me and my mates wait eagerly for next week to start The Division. Beta was awesome, great setting.

In the Meantime I just started to play some Smite to kill time. 3rd person Mona works really well

Well I've been playing a lot of Rocket League lately...

It's great fun, and you can just play a short burst as the games are only 5 minutes long.

I'm far less bothered by the satanic stuff than by the fact that the game screws up all the time. Last few times I tried to play it, it just froze after a few minutes. There's always been glitches in it, that was apparently a quirk of releasing an unfinished game, and players found it amusing to begin with. It's just very irritating now. Also gives me vertigo pretty quickly.

I'm far less bothered by the satanic stuff than by the fact that the game screws up all the time. Last few times I tried to play it, it just froze after a few minutes. There's always been glitches in it, that was apparently a quirk of releasing an unfinished game, and players found it amusing to begin with. It's just very irritating now. Also gives me vertigo pretty quickly.

When I read the posting on the web from the parent freaking out about the Satanic part of the game, I almost could not breathe I was laughing so hard. And yes, the game has numerous glitches.

I was very amused when I found that. I found the altar by accident one day, then put two and two together when I accidentally started dragging one of the people I licked at the barbecue.

I'll pay for a game that I enjoy. If I get into a period where I am playing fairly regularly, I'll buy a month of premium. That's worth it to me. And I have picked up one premium ship, because...Warspite. But yeah, in general, I am the same.

Germany they are definitely doing capital ships at some point.

They just introduced Soviet cruisers. However I don't have enough in game money to keep up with 6-7 ships. They also introduced some anime bullshit sidestory for the Pacific, and due to my skills at war, I got a free battleship called ARP Haruna which is nominally tier V battleship but this one has specs between VII and VIII, lacking only in anti aircraft a bit. It has aerial gunnery mode via three scout plane consumables, with gun range about 27 km. Normal range is about 22.

Due to she being a Japanese ship I sold Furutaka. Right now I'm also maintaining a fully upgraded New York BB (V), Cleveland CG (VI), Izyaslav DD (IV), and Konigsberg CG (V).
I'm not so hot for upgrading right now, except the lowest tier Izyaslav. I really enjoy playing with Cleveland right now, and spinning the Haruna around for some easy free XP or coop with real life friends.

I've just finished Tomb Raider (2013). Very cool game. It's been a while since I've played this kind of action-adventure - the genre has definitely evolved. It reminded me of Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb but upgraded in so many ways... I definitely recommend it. I have to say, though, it's pretty easy and relatively short if you're not doing additional activities.

Due to she being a Japanese ship I sold Furutaka. Right now I'm also maintaining a fully upgraded New York BB (V), Cleveland CG (VI), Izyaslav DD (IV), and Konigsberg CG (V).
I'm not so hot for upgrading right now, except the lowest tier Izyaslav. I really enjoy playing with Cleveland right now, and spinning the Haruna around for some easy free XP or coop with real life friends.
Cleveland is a monster. I run a NY, Cleveland, and I'm just about to upgrade my Nicholas DD. Looking forward to that! I also still play my Warspite quite a bit.

Back