Now Playing (Video Games)

Cool

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic IIthe best KOTOR—just got a huge update, for some reason.

Why Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 Is Better Than The Original
If you ask a bunch of folks which Star Wars video game is the best, more often than not you'll …Read more kotaku.com

The update just dropped on Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux. It’s a doozy—at least, for a game that’s more than ten years old.

New features include:

• 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
  • Steam Cloud saves
  • Native widescreen resolution support
  • Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
  • Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
  • Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day
  • Oh... and we added a “Force Speed Effects” option in the menu ;)
For those not in the know, the Restored Content Mod is a years-spanning project that aims to return the game to its proper form—rather than the sloppy, stitched together version that was originally released due to publisher pressure and time constraints. The mod adds a handful of endings and the infamous HK Factory—among many other things—and fixes hundreds of bugs. It’s a must-download, and it’s now easy to access on KOTOR II’s Steam Workshop.

The update comes as a surprise, given that KOTOR II hasn’t been updated in ages. I reached out to Aspyr Media—who handled the update—to find out why this happened now, but as of press time they’d yet to respond. I, however, don’t plan on looking a gift bantha in the mouth, because bantha mouths are gross. Also because KOTOR II is an amazing RPG, and now it’s better than ever. Think you’ll dive back in?

It is awesome and totally unexpected. I keep hoping for a part 3 (I am not counting the MMO game) or that at some point this time becomes part of the movie universe.

But this is really cool for now

The only problem is that Bioware is now rolled into EA, and EA doesn't seem interested in letting them do something. SWTOR got done because it was in dev when EA bought Bioware.

So let's get Obsidian to do it!

QQ0CngB.jpg

I was Germany...

I made this vid on FIFA 15.. most of footage is done on the hardest online seasons and im the one getting most of theese goals, some of it is so bad i felt guilty (even tho its not my fault)

I've started to get massively into Dota 2 recently with my boyfriend, both of us have started to get tired of Team Fortress 2 (which we play at a competitive level), and want to move on to pastures new. My boyfriend enjoys Bounty Hunter and Juggernaut, whereas I love Lich personally. He reminds me of a frozen Powerslave Eddie.

Ideally looking to get into a ranged carry class as my second main.

I never got round to posting about Rocksmith 2014 in here, I should really write something some time. It's an odd one because it's half way between a game and simply playing a guitar, so it doesn't really fit in either here or the musicians' discussion threads.

It uses actual guitars doesn't it? So it uses real fingerings unlike Guitar Hero?

Cool! that sounds like a cool way to learn guitar.

As for me, I'm finally jumping into the Batman Arkham series. About 20% into Arkham Asylum and I'm loving it. I've always been more of a retro gamer but now I'm starting to wonder if I've just been playing the wrong games. This is also the first game since the Lego Star Wars series that I've been actively interested in all the side quests and collectibles etc. The Riddler challenges are a blast!

Cool

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic IIthe best KOTOR—just got a huge update, for some reason.

Been playing the shit out of this.

1) The crashes issue has been addressed.
2) game now natively supports HD and easy alt+enter to switch to windowed
3) Restored content mod easy to install and it's SO MUCH BETTER. More drops, more everything. Awesome.

I never got round to posting about Rocksmith 2014 in here, I should really write something some time. It's an odd one because it's half way between a game and simply playing a guitar, so it doesn't really fit in either here or the musicians' discussion threads.
Got a guitar and Rocksmith for my birthday. I'm a complete noob, and probably too old to learn guitar, but screw it, it's fun. Too soon to tell whether Rocksmith is a valid way to learn guitar as a beginner, I'll let you know.

The top two and bottom two strings are OK. The D and G strings are not my friends.

I'll do a Rocksmith review later today, then. :) I wasn't a total noob and already had two decent guitars, but I know a total new starter who got it a few months ago, and a more experienced guitarist who has tried it out. I'm still finding all kinds of features on it, and I got the game in October 2013.

Back