Now Playing (Video Games)

Sales keep tempting me, but my backlog is just way too deep to indulge myself right now. I’m always tempted by on-sale indies...
Man, someone feels my pain! Pretty much same boat. I paid off my credit card and it is so tempting to rack it up again lol. Finished CoD III. Thinking of hitting the Far Crys, I have I and II on PC and Blood Dragon on xbox. Since finishing CoD III haven't played anything with regularity, but I do want to get to that backlog.

So instead of tackling my backlog, I've been playing Bendy and the Ink Machine. It's a FPS that takes place in a Fleischer-like 1930s animation studio. I was drawn to it (pun intended) because of the art style, walking sim nature of it, but now that I'm playing it, it's a bioshock knock-off. I actually like that, but yeah, the audiologs, fetch quests and the like are VERY bioshocky. I also like that there is no quest marker or mini map. You have your objective, now explore. The levels are fairly small and you get oriented quickly, so backtracking doesn't feel like a chore. No idea how far in I am, just finished the first Quest for Alice Angel.

It isn't scary like Alien Isolation or even Little Nightmares, but I do get a nice does of tense stress and then release. So far not bad.

Back