Now Playing (Video Games)

I’ve had a nostalgia weekend.

hexen-beyond-heretic-foto.jpg

To quote a certain TV Troper: “I'm a shirtless Viking guy and I just punched an entire level to death and a giant flaming skull asked me if I was ready to die and omfg this game is METAL.”

I lost the first game 4-2 against my brother and had to beat him by 3 goals to win the tie. The second game... probably the best FIFA game I've ever played. Even my brother agreed despite losing.

zYMakw4.jpg

uynFwAF.jpg

Nice! Nothing like playing against siblings lol. Back when we had NHL 95 we divided all the teams up and played through the entire season and playoffs. He would always win the President's trophy for the team that got first in the league (always with Pittsburgh too) and would rack up most of the individual awards, but I ALWAYS won the Stanley Cup lol. Three seasons in a row with Boston and the fourth season he FINALLY beat me I still won with Detroit out west hehe. Now we play 16 team tournaments and he's had better luck with that, but man, nothing like the good ol' Sega Genesis days.

I presume you're the older brother if you're always winning? :p

I'm the younger brother lol. Which makes it that much sweeter. He wins at EVERYTHING, so this is my one thing I kick his ass in. Well, that and Canasta and occasionally chess lol, but mainly this.

Right now I'm revisiting Borderlands 2, just felt like walking around killing things lol. Weekly Halo multiplayer with my friends isn't enough of a fix.

Owned Skyrim since release. Only now had the patience to get into it properly. Playing on the Switch and the PS4 simultaneously.

Played it a bit. Never got into it. The month or so I played it all I took away from it was it is VERY unforgiving.

I’m a long time Zelda die hard.

Just played through Skyward Sword again for Wii.

The temples are fucking awesome, one major thing that BOTW seriously lacks. Plus weapons don’t break, and a great story. Music is good to great.

The bad: the motion controls are hideous and make defeating some bosses difficult.

Not quite the lemon most the internet tells you it is. Actually it’s almost a masterpiece, which it could be Nintendo do a HD remake with regular controls.

Shenmue on PS4. ("I see.")

Also, Assassin's Creed: Rogue Remastered on PS4. The missing link between AC III & IV, with elements of both -- and you finally get to play as a Templar and smoke out those filthy assassin criminals!

Also, Assassin's Creed: Rogue Remastered on PS4. The missing link between AC III & IV, with elements of both -- and you finally get to play as a Templar and smoke out those filthy assassin criminals!

I really enjoyed Rogue. I LOVE the music. Sometimes I would just sit there and listen to the music on the first menu. After the Ezio trilogy and Black Flag it's the one I enjoyed the most

Reactions: Jer

Rogue is one of my favourites, actually preferred it to Black Flag.

Origins was amazing, I’m not too impressed with the art direction for Odyssey, plus I think it’s a mistake to follow up Origins so soon.

Reactions: Jer
Blast from the past, I've downloaded Star Wars Battlefront II (2005). Something to tide me over until I get round to buying MegaMan 11.

OOOH, so looking forward to Mega Man 11. Still need to download and power through 9 and 10, BUT... looking forward to it. Also, I'm hoping to get the latest Tomb Raider game at a discount come December. Other than that, also decided to go back to the past and give Darksiders another run through.

I downloaded the Legacy Collection (MegaMan 1 - 6) last year, crashed through them in about a month. Those games are brutal. Not going to lie, I had to cheat in one place... or two.

What are the later games like? Them not being 8-Bit put me off playing them. Silly I know, but I like the charm of the 8-Bit era. :D

Mega Man X is a platforming classic, and remains my favourite Mega Man, just above 2.

I’ve played all main series Megaman but not X. I plan on changing that at some point with the new legacy collection that was recently released. Megaman as a whole is a series I didn’t really grow up with but I still appreciate it as much as the classics, which speaks to how well it has held up over time imo. 11 looks good!

Back