Now drinking

Whats a kegerator?
Single+Tap+Full+Size+Kegerator.jpg

A refrigerator designed to hold one or more kegs and your gas supply of choice, along with the tubes and faucets to dispense the beer. Always cold and on tap from your own basement.

This was yesterday but will be drinking one tonight. By far the best beer I’ve ever had. And yes I know it’s a bit foamy, working on the pouring technique still.

9DDF2DEB-3EEF-4E2C-BDED-7021C91FD52C.jpeg

This was yesterday but will be drinking one tonight. By far the best beer I’ve ever had.
Sadly not available in my area, or I would try it. Guess I will have to drown my disappointment in another Dragon’s Milk White from the tap...LOL.

And a little less than an inch of foam on an initial pour is about right, so I’m not sure what you have to apologize for...

Just now drinking some Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon. Don't know anything else about it, but it tastes great.

Sadly not available in my area, or I would try it. Guess I will have to drown my disappointment in another Dragon’s Milk White from the tap...LOL.

And a little less than an inch of foam on an initial pour is about right, so I’m not sure what you have to apologize for...
Yeah it’s from Mac and Jacks located in Seattle. They have it at all the breweries and bars in town, I was lucky to find a 6 pack of it.

Single+Tap+Full+Size+Kegerator.jpg

A refrigerator designed to hold one or more kegs and your gas supply of choice, along with the tubes and faucets to dispense the beer. Always cold and on tap from your own basement.
This is a brilliant idea. I have to get one of these some day.

This is a brilliant idea. I have to get one of these some day.
It was something I’d always wanted to have since college, and when my wife and I moved into our new house several years back she encouraged me to get one. Great idea, great investment. Beer is typically cheaper by the keg and it tastes better that way, too. Conveniently we also have a gas supply vendor within a couple miles of our house, so it’s even easy to get CO2.

Someday when I’m feeling more adventurous I’ll look into getting the unusual couplers required for stuff like Guinness and Old Speckled Hen and pick up a nitrogen tank so I can get the full home experience — but a D coupler and CO2 gets you access to almost everything, so it’s easy to get lazy about it.

Oh man, my mug is empty — need another Dragon’s Milk White...

You lost me at gas supply and nitrogen. What role does that play in the whole thing?
The gas is both the propellant that pushes the beer out of the keg, and it serves as extra carbonation (or nitrogenation) that puts more bubbles in the beer. Carbon dioxide is a natural product of fermentation, and it’s normally used as the propellant for beer. Nitrogen bubbles are much smaller, so they create an extra creamy texture that you get from tap Guinness, or Old Speckled Hen, or Boddington’s, or what have you. “Nitro cans” try to achieve a similar effect by having a widget full of nitrogen gas at the bottom of the can that pops when you change the pressure in the can by opening it. That’s why nitro cans of Guinness are a much closer approximation of the tap experience.

If you’re buying beer at the store and there’s a nitro can version, always get the nitro can version.

1599851884863.jpeg

Draught can with a widget, ok but I seen on the image search that there seems to be bottles of Killkenny available in other territories and I'm angry now and want bottles :mad: :lol:

Love no nonsense old school German beers, I'll have to keep an eye out for that one

On this today, like a half way house between a red ale and an IPA, i.e bit hoppier than a usual red ale not hoppy enough to be an IPA, quite nice
iu

Last edited:
Back