Nonsensical Maiden Lyrics

2Mins

Educated Fool
Following my 25 year confusion over the opening lyrics of Number of the Beast, now thankfully solved, I wonder: Are there any Maiden lyrics that just don't make sense? Many Maiden songs tell a story, are there any examples when the story doesn't add up, or where there are 'continuity errors'?

The fact that dinosaurs never co-existed with humans is too obvious to count.

German war propaganda machine
Such before has never been seen
Eh, I can see this one, the "propaganda machine" being the men recruited through German propaganda in obscene numbers. Maybe not historically accurate, but sensible nonetheless.

And you can't really get mad at any of the lyrics in Quest For Fire. It's clearly intended to be campy and comic book-ish.

I love the song, and it's the only line I'm not fond of.

And you can't really get mad at any of the lyrics in Quest For Fire. It's clearly intended to be campy and comic book-ish.
You've got it ! I just cannot stand the idea that Harry ignored that dinosaurs and human beings never shared the earth, and I'd rather imagine that he had in mind those movies full of sexy women dressed in fur on the verge of being killed by mighty dinosaurs.

1million.jpg

You've got it ! I just cannot stand the idea that Harry ignored that dinosaurs and human beings never shared the earth, and I'd rather imagine that he had in mind those movies full of sexy women dressed in fur on the verge of being killed by mighty dinosaurs.

I have always believed QFF to be based on (well inspired by really) the film of the same name from 1981. I am sure I read somewhere that Harris watched it on a tour bus during the Beast tour.

I know it's wiki, but Maiden are mentioned here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quest_for_Fire_(film)

It is based on the film. It's the same story, the only derivation is the mention of dinosaurs in the song.

Following my 25 year confusion over the opening lyrics of Number of the Beast, now thankfully solved, I wonder: Are there any Maiden lyrics that just don't make sense? Many Maiden songs tell a story, are there any examples when the story doesn't add up, or where there are 'continuity errors'?

The fact that dinosaurs never co-existed with humans is too obvious to count.

What opening lines were you confused by?, I ask because I have always find the " just what I saw in my old dreams were they
reflections of my warped mind staring back at me" really weird sounding.

Back