No More Lies

How good is No More Lies on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: No More Lies

Repetitive? Perhaps. A problem? No. This song is an amazing song and justifies an easy 9. Perhaps the second best track on the album.

Foro that was a very cool like story you wrote, thanks. For some reason I visualized the band as thunderbird puppets while reading it...Team America-style.

Cheers! Perun's real life blogs served as inspiration (stylewise).

I like the intro and consider this being the top 3 tracks of Dance of Death. As well as one of the best song from 2000-onwards

9/10

Nice story Foro, made me laugh. I like this song alot, but i don't know why I only could give it an eight.

One of my favourite post-reunion songs; a nice intro and build-up, and a powerful chorus (on which note I'd echo the sentiments of "repetitive, so what?"). 9/10

9/10... Very powerful tune... I love the lyrics, and Bruce's vocal is over the top. All three solos kick me in the ass... one of the album's favorites for me...

Lyrics are interesting, love the interpretations put in this thread, but lord help me I can't get around the grating, repetitive chorus. If you could excise that, it would be an 8 in my book. But it's a 4 to me now - IMO the worst song on DOD. Kind of hurts, because I see how passionate other people are about it!
:blush:

I think this is one of the more under-rated 2000s songs. Great solos, the way Bruce sings "No more lies" is like a punch in the gut.  I think it's a good representation of Maiden, has a lots of common elements from other songs. 7

9/10, Like the energy in this song, like the guitar work, really like the vocals, I give it a low 9.

I do like everything about this song, except for one thin (which Foro has pointed out): It is very predictable. The buildup is more or less a copy of The Clansman, the chord progression has been used to death. But it still works, and the lyrics and solos are great.

8/10.

Funfact: When they played this song in Bergen last year, the clouds burst open - after clear skies and sun all afternoon. Bergen is the city in Norway which gets the most rain over the course of a year, so when the rain came back it seemed very fitting that it did so during No More Lies  :D

7- This song is much better live because Bruce's mixes up the delivery on the drab chorus.  OK melodies if not too Maiden standard. 

8 - and remember I don't like the idea of giving 'perfect' 10s out, so this is a very high mark from me.

It took a while for this one to grow on me, mainly because I felt the first verse sounded too gloomy and it put me off. In the end, it was that succession of three solos that Mr.K mentions that really turned this song around for me. It's at times like this that the three guitarists can be shown off to great effect, each adding their own dimension to what would otherwise be a relatively long and potentially tedious instrumental section.

I notice the IMC describes the intro as 'Celtic-sounding'. That's an interesting interpretation, although it reminds me of late medieval or early-modern period dances, in common with a few of the DoD songs.

I think this is a great track. The basics is kind of simple and the song is basically a stretch-out rocker, but the vocal delivery, the guitar melodies and solos are all really good and therefore it doesn't feel too long.

I like the way the verses build and builds reaches it's climax with the simple but emotional chorus. I also like that each guitarist gets his time in the spotlight and ads his own flavor to the instrumental section like Brigantium said.

8/10

Back