Nightwish

I thought Troy will sing Marko's parts... is it all Floor now?

They both are covering for Marko's parts! Depends on a song. With the given example, it's obvious that Floor is a better fit for Marko's parts, but in some other songs it's Troy. :)

Troy sort of forgot that he was supposed to sing Marko's parts in
the final chorus of I Want My Tears Back
, haha... It was rather hilarious moment.

Nightwish announce remastered reissue of their (imo best) album Once.

The bonus stuff will be: 3 bonus songs, live versions, orchestral versions, demos, edited version of the song ''The Siren'' and all of the songs from the album will be released as instrumentals.

Wow. Once is a top 5 album for me and my favorite from Nightwish’s discography — their only perfect album.

(With that said I don’t need this deluxe re-release because I’m satisfied with just the original CD I have, but cool beans all the same.)

I've been with them from almost the start of it as I originally found them via their demo. Saw it reviewed and heard the song then it was on radio here in Finland and on Metalliliitto-program (their cd too) and out come little bit after that the debut "Angels Fall First".
Great moment and fun, I saw them many times live during the early tours and albums, met them couple times..cherish those times.
Too bad, there haven't been good Nightwish album for quite some time, I've heard the latest ones but Im not sure if it is anymore that original Nightwish that I loved. Oceanborn is the best album, even the recent ones might some little moments but they aren't anywhere near their best.
5 first album rule, even the Anette ones haveir moments, but the latest 2 albums don't have at all as good stuff as the old Nightwish.
I've tried but they can't top their best ones..hope to hear good or great album from Nightwish again (perhaps).

That's interesting, I think that Nightwish reached their peak after Tarja left. The latest album was a bit of a flop though.

That's interesting, I think that Nightwish reached their peak after Tarja left. The latest album was a bit of a flop though.
Depends on when you came aboard, most who bash old Nightwish, I suppose they weren't listening or following the band in the early years.
Funny that once Tarja was out plenty of people claimed to be fans or didn't say Tarja's voice was problem when she was in the band.

That was interesting period (Denver 2012), that when Anette was hospitalized and show was about the be cancelled, the band got help from support band Kamelot and their backup-singers Elize Ryd (Amaranthe) and Alissa White-Gluz (The Agonist, Arch Enemy) and based on the video material they got the show done pretty damn good.

I would like Nightwish to do EP or full album like it was originally planned to be as mood acoustic music.
Like Tuomas told in the official biography:
We were sitting by the fire, Teemu Kautonen, Tero Leinonen, the whole old gang. It was there that I got the idea: what if I put together my own project? I hadn't yet come up with the name 'Nightwish', but the concept was already in my head. The band would be acoustic and its style would be mood music. It wouldn't be heavy metal at all – we'd have acoustic guitar, some flutes, strings, piano, keyboards, and definitely a female vocalist. It was clear that it had to have a female singer, because at the time, The 3rd and the Mortal, Theatre of Tragedy from Norway, and The Gathering from Holland were a big thing to me. Ulver's album Kveldssanger was also a big influence. I listened to Kveldssanger a lot and thought that maybe I should try to do that kind of stuff even better.

I would so see still this to happen, they could play the mood acoustic music by the campfire, no additional stuff, just some folksy stuff like the Ulver album "Kveldssanger" that Tuomas mentioned.

I think the latest 2 albums have their moments, but something missing. It's either the mastering that (on either) album messed the visions of Tuomas, as he could do and produce hell of a symphonic music journey, but due to mastering it falls flat. I think I need to revisit those albums more often. Each of the singers are good and have their pros/cons, but there's couple old tunes that Floor can't handle as good as Tarja. Not gonna bash anyone, but I think most people just are stuck bashing the old times.

I think Marko Hietala's absense in the future of Nightwish is one really concerning matter. He was so part of the band, his voice and also the playing style. Just for fun, check out some of the documentaries or clips where they play in the studio recording the tracks for Century Child.

I would like Nightwish to do EP or full album like it was originally planned to be as mood acoustic music.
Tuomas actually spoke about this recently:

"An acoustic album is going to happen at some point, I’m pretty sure. The romantic in me is excited by the idea that when we know Nightwish is ending, the last album we do will be acoustic. We started out acoustic, and we’re gonna finish acoustic. The circle will close. [...] If, for some reason in the future, we are absolutely sure about [the expiration date of Nightwish], then doing the acoustic album makes perfect sense. [Laughs] If we ever announce an acoustic album, the world will know it’s the end of Nightwish."
Link.

He also stated in the same interview that he's currently working on the next Nightwish record, and that the band has booked studio time for the summer of 2023. Hell yeah.

Back