Nightwish

Just dropping this here, nice to hear Floor doing actual opera and nice to hear some appreciation for it.

In fact, now I almost kinda wish she just did opera from now on.

I like AF (probably more than Floor-era Nightwish, but that's mainly because I can't help but feel as if Tuomas' talent is somewhat burnt by this point), but to me it's not the same.

I’ve been working through After Forever and Epica recently with a friend. Some good songs but I don’t think I’m part of the target audience, at least on those earlier albums.

I wouldn't know why. There's so much metal (influences) in there. In riffing e.g. Iced Earth, Annihilator and even Priest's Painkiller style riffing (Inimical Chimera).

And like in Nightiwish especially in Epica you have cinematic, orchestral influences.

I mean it may also just have to do with how flat the studio albums sound. Consign To Oblivion is a straight 10/10 for me if I’m going by the live version, but it was disappointing on the album.
I see what you mean but I would not let that remove your listening pleasure too much (easy to tell of course). If you like the ingredients, the package could be less stellar to still appreciate these interesting bands. After Forever has pretty powerful sound still, also early records imo.

I see what you mean but I would not let that remove your listening pleasure too much (easy to tell of course). If you like the ingredients, the package could be less stellar to still appreciate these interesting bands. After Forever has pretty powerful sound still, also early records imo.
Yeah I don’t know yet. It’s only my first listen. Maybe as time goes on I’ll enjoy the records more.

Nightwish are kicking off their HVMAN. :||: NATVRE. Tour virtually in March. 90 minute, setlist will vary. Sounds interesting.

shoemaker
They’ve stated that this is one song they won’t be playing live, mostly because of how hard it was to do the outro. But it would be lit to see. Personally I’m most interested in hearing “Tribal”.

They’ve stated that this is one song they won’t be playing live, mostly because of how hard it was to do the outro. But it would be lit to see. Personally I’m most interested in hearing “Tribal”.

ah yea your right i remember them saying that now. Harvest will be amazing live, thar chorus is so catchy.

I still only like three songs from the album:

''Noise'' (the most classic sounding song and the best from the album).
''Pan'' (great chorus).
''How's The Heart'' (nice song).

I didn't like Noise that much when it was released, but like with Storytime and few others singles of similar type back then, it has grown for me since.

Still, it's not one of my favourites either. It's good and fits there very well, but it's just not that interesting.

Back