Nightwish

Greatest Show on Earth is a brutal slog every single time I listen to it. It's incredible how much they dragged down an otherwise good album with that.

So I managed to get ahold of tickets for me and my wife and we'll see Nightwish with Arch Enemy and Amorphis in December! Yay!:yey:
I don't know Amorphis all that much, but from what I've heard, it's going to be a wonderful evening! :D

Great performance! Shit sound, but that's to be expected from an unmixed TV rip.

Positively surprised by Floor's growling during Yours Is An Empty Hope chorus :D Weak Fantasy sounds monumental, I now regret voting for it in the Survivor.

The Islander got butchered by Tony Kakko. First and foremost a horrible, horrible singer. Old man with the flute could've done his parts or... Floor, or just Marco alone ffs. Second, my eyes hurt from his tacky clothes and eyeliner. Get him as far away as possible from Nightwish, just fuck off. And now he had to ruin Last Ride Of The Day too, fuck off!!!!! I skipped that song because I couldn't take it anymore. Thank fuck the fucker stayed away from GLS.

Kai is a fine replacement for Jukka, so no problems there at all.

I've only just found out there's an instrumental version of Sagan. Unfortunately it's really lacking without vocals.

Tobias Sammet: "What do Geoff Tate (Official), Dee Snider, Michael Kiske, Robert Mason, Jorn Lande, Bob Catley, Ronnie Atkins, Olli Hartmann and me have in common with Marco Hietala of Nightwish?
Yes, we're all good looking, funny and amazingly talented… AND: we'll be on the new Avantasia album »Ghostlights« - out on January, 29th 2016."

Eh, I lost interest when he invited Geoff Tate. I also only heard the last album once and it wasn't memorable at all. Tobi is losing it.

I was one of the few supporters of Adrenaline Mob when it started. I thought their first album was pretty good. Ironically everything went to hell when Portnoy left.

I was one of the few supporters of Adrenaline Mob when it started. I thought their first album was pretty good. Ironically everything went to hell when Portnoy left.

I love their cover songs, but the originals make me gag. Just a waste of Russell's voice.

They did a great Mob Rules!

Honestly I can't help but feel that 3 AMob albums before a Symphony X helped him tone down on the tough guy thing for Underworld. If that's what it takes for him to sound more balanced on SX albums, let him have his outlet for the tough guy vocals.

I like Undaunted, since the chorus is catchy as f*ck and that "bro" stuff is okay for exactly one song... and Come Undone, since it changes an unlistenable song into a pretty good one. And that's it, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Back