NIGHTWISH SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> Ghost Love Score wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Okay. I only came on here to do this survivor and got totally distracted. Now I'm going to have to listen to more of Imaginaerum.

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Slow, Love, Slow - 5 votes
Wish I Had An Angel - 4 votes
Scaretale - 4 votes
Imaginaerum - 4 votes

Promoted:
Nemo
Planet Hell
Ghost Love Score

Ghost River, Rest Calm, Last Ride. Should really have voted for Sahara too, but I'll do that next round.

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Rest Calm - 5 votes
The Phantom Of The Opera - 4 votes
The Islander - 4 votes
7 Days To The Wolves - 4 votes

Promoted:
The Poet & The Pendulum
Amaranth
Sahara

1) I hate you all for killing The Phantom Of The Opera.
2) Endless Forms Most Beautiful joins the game, Sagan is a bonus song.

Sharbat Gula
Sagan
and everything that's left from Imaginaerum because I hate all of your for voting for The Islander and 7 Days to the Wolves (my two favorite Nightwish songs of all time). Kill the shitty Imaginaerum album and kill it furious anger.

I'll miss 7 Days. Good chorus, never touched it. Now I need to play this album again and wish to get rid of all unoriginal and dull songs. There was one with very literal references in particular. To hell with it.

Last edited:
I absolutely love the new album and I find it far more interesting as a whole than anything they've done (except for maybe Century Child). I encourage everyone who gives Imaginaerum high marks to listen to Endless Forms in full at least 2-3 times before voting. There are a couple dull songs, The Greatest Show on Earth veering dangerously close to being one of them, but overall it's a truly joyous album with more guitar work than they've had in years.

I don't find the first four songs particularly exciting. From track five we get into melodic territory (Decades, title track and Edema Ruh shining the best!). Alpenglow is full of Ghost Love Score rip-off, and My Walden has shitty vocals. Last Ride of the Day and Storytime get my other votes.

Last edited:
I actually find Edema Ruh to be one of the weakest on the album. I also love Alpenglow, and have yet to hear where it sounds anything like Ghost Love Score.

Edema Ruh has very captivating melodies. Love it. This song, plus the ballad feature the best guitar work as well, I guess.

I also love Alpenglow, and have yet to hear where it sounds anything like Ghost Love Score.

Alpenglow also falls down now. The beginning sounded cool at first but the rest -esp. the chorus- is meh and the song features literal parts taken from Ghost Love Score. As you might know I do not appreciate recycling, especially when it gets blatantly obvious. Also the solo (chord scheme) is terribly unimaginative.

Compare if you like: Ghost Love Score:
@5.34

Alpenglow: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2k04ee
The end is most clear @4.38 but also the main riff is derived from that part.
I think the one at the end is unproblematic. It's a short snippet that can be seen just as a nod to the song it is taken from. However, the main riff (which, as you state, is very similar to that part of Ghost Love Score) is used throughout the song, which makes it worse.

Last edited:
Back