Nights of the Dead, Legacy of the Beast: Live in Mexico City (new live album)

Anybody else noticed the guitarists come out of sync during the intro of 2 minutes 2 midnight?

Very happy that the vinyl sounds slightly better than the CD.

Just got to the end of the first disc. FTGGOG is astounding. Bruce sounds better on it than I remember and they rattle through it at a great tempo.

Reactions: Yax
I made a schoolboy error of ordering all 4 versions online, and they haven't arrived yet. Usually, I'd not order the bog standard cd version online and pick it up from a shop on release day.

First impressions: Even on phone speakers I can hear what you guys mean about the mixing. Some songs are wayyyy better than others. Beyond that, the standouts to me thus far are Hallowed, FoI and 2MTM....speaking of Icarus, does anyone heard a weird synth-y effect with Bruce's vocals? Or am I hearing things? With 2MTM when I heard it in Chicago, Adrian's opening had an incredible amount of range(I think that's what I'm looking for) whereas on this you can really heard the mids and thats about it. Overall, outside of these issues I think I'll enjoy it, I just need to get used to it. Also, holy SHIT Nicko's drumming is phenomenal! I can't overstate how well he plays on this.

I should probably clarify I was being sarcastic...
Alas....I could not tell. :(

On the upside for those on the fence, this live album is much better than I'd anticipated after the complaints on this forum. There's definitely some mixing issues and Bruce is a touch short of breath. But his range is fantastic and I can hear all three guitars, bass, and drums crystal clear. If I had to describe the mixing issue, it'd be with words like "tinny", "high-mids" and possible "not enough goddamn bottom end". But it's a really good performance and I'm glad I bought it three times.

As I have not received my CD today I am listening to the Spotify version of the album and I quite like what I hear (audience sound aside; so fake it is probably just Steve and Tony Newton doing the football hooligan at Barnyard Studios! :lol: ).

That being said, why on earth did they have to go with the version of Revelations with Janick's solo when they had 3 different renditions of the song?? I am not a Janick basher, but it was refreshing to hear Adrian play his solo every other show during this tour.

Last edited:
Maybe its just taken from a bank sound library

Back when he had a (great) Rock Show in BBC 6 Music, Bruce mentioned that Tokyo Tapes by the Scorpions was the template for a live album with fake audience noise, so good in that respect that many other bands would sample the audience off that album to recreate the audience of their live albums (he did not shame anyone).

Shame Steve and Tony Newton did not sample Tokyo Tapes for this release! :lol:

So far I'm quite impressed with this release. The production isn't quite as "thunderous" as Live Chapter...but the performance is much better and this album is crystal clear instrument-wise.

Couldn’t agree more. The detail in the clean sections is fantastic.

It sounds definitely miles better than what the comments online would lead you to believe and I am pleased with that, but I am just playing On The Turning Away off Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder 2020 re-release and boy, that is a pristine production if there ever was one!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Last edited:
I'm about halfway through this album and once I "acclimated" to the sound, I'm floored more and more by the performance. If you go in specifically looking for flaws and imperfections with the sound quality or performance, you're going to find it. But as a live album I think it is phenomenal and several steps above Live Chapter. I couldn't get over how good FTGGOG sounded.

I'm settling in, having ripped the vinyl and being able to add some m/S EQ and M/S dynamic eq. The vinyl itself sounded better to begin with and obviously, far less compressed. This will allow me to enjoy it.

I might have to download a rip of the vinyl. My vinyls aren't in yet and even when they get here, I don't have equipment to transfer the audio.

My vinyl hasn't arrived yet and I'm waiting to listen until then. Who plays the solo in Revelations?

Back